Reversing camera in mk3.75 AVN2 / Alpine INE-W920R

Excellent post! I’m trying to do more or less the same thing: mount the camera on the black plastic blanking plate between the number plate lights. What I couldn’t figure was how to disconnect the harness grommets from the boot lid and body in order to route the cable through. You make it sound easy - do they just pull out or is there some special knack to it?

I’ve replaced the AVN2 with a Pioneer head unit which has CarPlay etc. and so got the Pioneer camera to go with it. At the moment I’m intending to use the supplied cables but you make a good point that they might not fit so I might investigate a wireless gizmo.

1 Like

Cheers SilentMonkey, I’ve just had a quick look to refresh my memory!
The grommets at either end of the trunking between boot lid & body have four little nylon/plastic clips that are directly beneath each of the four little dots on the rubber topside that you can see. If you stick your head in the boot and look up at the underside of it you can see them (might need a torch) - I used a small blade screwdriver to press them inwards one at a time whilst gently pulling the grommet up near the corresponding dot at the top - you will feel each one ‘pop’ out of the body.
To get the one out of the boot lid, I found I could just squeeze the top of the grommet directly next to one of the dots whilst gently pulling outwards - again you’ll feel each clip ‘pop’ out of the hole. Putting it back is simply a case of pushing the grommet back in. Like most things - it’s easy enough once you understand how they work. Have fun!

Hello, I have an MX5 SENDO from April 2014 and I would like to upgrade the firmware from 1.1 to 1.3.
Can someone provide me with the files for the update to 1.3. I have a USB drive formatted in FAT 32.
Thank you in advance

I found the update in 1.201. is that enough for it to work.
Excuse me for my English, I am French.

Does the camera come on automatically when you select reverse?

Yes, you take a power feed from the reversing light to power the camera and the head unit has a similar connection as standard that activates the rear camera view when reverse is engaged - so engage reverse & you see the view through the camera. If you read through all the posts above, you should get a good idea of how it works & what you need to do.

Looking to fit a reversing camera to my nc, done the firmware upgrade. Searching around i found this https://youtu.be/wQa1BMrjfvc which will help i think. Any preference on a camera to go for, i see that it needs to be ntsc.

May I know have you added a camera yet? I just purchased a 25th anniversary and I’m thinking to add a camera and trying to figure out a way

Hi Asha, if you go to the top of this thread and read through it all you should find out all you need to know. My camera has been in & working for a few years now.
Have fun.

This has been a useful prompt for me to update the Alpine in my new 25AE Precious and add a rev-cam to it.

I’ve downloaded all the relevant files from the Alpine website (those links still work) and tomorrow will be checking out if my existing Garmin radio-link rev-camera has suitable connections for me to substitute a different generic rf link or whether I need to replace the camera as well.

Map updates seem to be contentious. I need to investigate further with the Alpine Naviextras (or not), but I’ll be happy to continue with the excellent old Garmin for satnav despite its smaller screen.

Many thanks.