Ronal Wheels

1. My model of MX-5 is: __2013 Venture
  2. I’m based near: __Edinburgh
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __Wheels

Right guys, after much debating and some mixed feelings on the previous alloys I was considering, I’ve decided to stretch the budget and buy a premium set. Have decided on a set of Ronald which I think are stunning and let’s face it, we all know the quality of these guys. So, opinion poll time;

I’m leaning more towards the polished black but they do have the same ones in silver. What d’you reckon you’d pick against Brilliant Black bodywork??

Happy debating! :grin:

Polished Black would give you the “Knight Rider” look! :smile:

2 Likes

Looks just like me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I quite like the knight rider look. Haha

1 Like

Haha… Certainly doesn’t look like me :joy:

1 Like

I think the black ones would look better

1 Like

So tempted to replicate that with a wig and best leather jacket!

1 Like

lol, my leather jacket’s the wrong colour :wink:

In my view, it simply has to be the black.
The silver…well…more like a half baked upgrade but little more.

1 Like

At the risk of being contrary I think the original venture wheels are some of the best ( and easiest to clean ) original fitments in the nc and complement the mk3.75 well.
Not sure why you would want to spend good money on a set of wheels you will spend ages cleaning and in a 16" fitment instead of the usual 17".
But each to his or her own.
Good luck with the search.

2 Likes

17" surely

3 Likes

You can go up or down by an inch

no 15" won’t fit (assuming it has 16 as std!)

Negative. Standard is 17”. The Ronals are 16”- there’s tolerance for it

When I saw black wheels I was expecting all black which would have been a definate no, but these black and silver look good.

1 Like

They wouldn’t suit the NC, just my opinion.:thinking:

1 Like

That was exactly my thinking too- got enough of a shine on them to separate them but quite subtle

I find it strange that site doesn’t show wheel weight :thinking:

Ronal are very good, as are Borbet, Speedline, OZ
Ronal and Borbet made a lot of oem wheels.

I think the all silver alloy looks nicer, but them I’m biased because I really dislike 2 tone wheels, especially the trend that is paint and then bare aluminium faces.

I’m just not a fan of those center caps on the Ronal’s, dates the wheel in my opinion.

Out of the “crosswire” wheels,

I agree, I like the venture wheels but also the previous multi spoke alloys, not sure of the name. I have then in grey and it’s the first time I have owned a car and not wanted to change the wheels.

The wheels are a lovely style. Takes me back to the days of BBS wheels with centre caps like lock on wheel nuts.
May I just mention something about durability at this point?
The paint with polished faces can be quite fragile.
I’ve seen brand new Citroens with “spiders webbing” beginning under the lacquer and no apparent damage to the face of the wheel.
Any slight nick can cause the lacquer to lift in that localised area and it’s tough to correct easily.
Multi spoke designs like these take a heap of work to keep clean too. Getting into all of the nooks and crannies can be hours of work. I don’t want to be a buzz kill but thought it worth keeping in mind before you pull the trigger.
Hth.
Guy

2 Likes

Personally, obviously, I do not think that style suits the NC. As the previous poster says, machined faces are the pits and will eventually go bad.

1 Like