Saturday Evening at The Beauchief

The MX5 Owners Club Bar will open at 6pm, the evening will start at 7 for 7:30 with the serving of ‘dinner’, the home made Pie and Pea supper, in the private marquee situated within the grounds of The Beauchief Hotel.

Shortly after, the band ’ Broken Toys’ will be on stage. http://www.broken-toys.co.uk/

The dress code is ‘smart, very casual’

The collection times from the Barlow Camp Site and The Sheffield Park Hotel, will be posted shortly.

Up date April 28th Need another booking form? down load one at http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/t/15904.aspx

Hi, I need to book a couple of “dinner” tickets but have misplaced the form from STHT. Can I download a PDF version from somewhere?

thanks

Hi Smiffy,

The booking form, in PDF format will be on the web site shortly, if you (or any other members) require the form, in the mean time please send me your email address, either as a private message, or to burton.marsland@mx5oc.co.uk

Regards

Burton

Hi there

Have sent my booking form and have splashed out on the hamper so looking forward to it

Cheers

Sarah (Mazda Chick)

Hi Smithy

A booking form was enclosed with the April edition of Soft Top Hard Top, a further copy can now downloaded at -

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/files/folders/rally_information/entry94436.aspx

This covers

The Scenic Drives on Saturday

Transport to and from The Beauchief Hotel, from the Barlow Camp Site and The Sheffield Park Hotel

The Pie and Pea Supper, along with the Evening Entertainment.

The Chatsworth Hampers

The Caricature Artist.

The Hotels and Camp Sites are to be booked direct.

Burton, what’s in the veggie pie please?

Hi burtonm,

We are attending the rally but our accommodation is in the Kenwood Hall Hotel. We will require to travel to the sat evening bash by taxi if I want a Beer, so any info ref distance from to and rough taxi cost would be very helpful and appreiciated.

Kind Regards

thefordiebloke

The Kenwood Hall Hotel is a nice hotel, I have stopped there once, some time ago, after a wedding reception.

Off  the top I would say that the Kenwood is about 3 miles from The Beauchief,

Not having travelled by taxi lately, I am not aware of the current rates, I would expect to get change from a tenner each way.

If there are are number of you, I can put you in touch with a mini bus company, the owner was a MX5 owner until recently.

If its a nice night you could walk down from the Kenwood to Abbeydale Road (1/2 mile)and catch a bus to the Beauchief, and a taxi back.

If you have not already booked for the Pie an Pea Supper, I suggest you do so promptly, the tickets are going fast.

B

Hi Robbie

I will find out and get back to you.

My wife is veggie, she is in the England ‘A’ team when it comes to whinging about  veggies not being catered for, so I have a vested interest in keeping veggies sweet.

B

Hello Robbie

The veggie option will be Country Vegetable Pie ( would think that will have a selection of vegetables in season )

Mummy

Can you find out if that has mushrooms in it please?

Hi, New MX5 owner here! Are there still tickets available for Saturday night?

Thanks

Hi Robbie,

Re Mushrooms etc

We have asked the question of The Beauchief, and will get back to you

Hi Ebony,

Glad you are able to come along, Yes, tickets are still available, please get you form back to Jill ASAP

I have recently posted a May update on the forum, it can be found at http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/p/16804/100289.aspx#100289

B

Hi,

This may sound like a silly question but what time will the supper finish - we only live round the corner but have young kids to get to sleep before we can sneak out so may not get there until eight thirty ish…

Hi Garfield,

I wiil check with the Beauchief, as over 200 supper tickets have been sold to date, I think they will be serving for quite a while.

B

Any information about the Mushrooms yet? Is it literally just Pie and Peas or will there be Chips for example as well?

Robbie

Your pie will have no mushrooms, just write it on your order. as for anything else we will have to wait and see what the hotel serves us up.You can always have a bit of tea before you arrive if you think portions will be a problem. Should be a good night, good food, good music, good company.

Mummy

How many places are left for the meal please ?