Seat lowering in an NC

Hi all. I have a nc1 and I’m 182cm tall.

Sitting in the car with my helmet on my head hits the roof bar easily , so I have had to move my seat to fit which is not ideal.
I would like a jass performance lowering kit but I can’t decide to do the 1” drop or the 2.5? Amy thoughts ? Thanks !

1. My model of MX-5 is: __
  2. I’m based near: __
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: __

I would say 2.5

Could you use wood blocks to mimic the two positions? For tracking, is the car more aerodynamic with the hood up?

If you search the forum, somebody did a fantastic write up of how to install the jass performance brackets. I downloaded it as I need to install them on my NC

R

2 Likes

I had the 2.5" Jass fitted and it makes a good bit of difference.
I’m 5"11" and with my helmet on I’m good now and lower than the GC Fabs roll bar in my PRHT.
I’d say go 2.5"…

Brilliant thank you , I was swaying towards tye 2.5 so that’s good info .
:blush:

Hi,
Let us know how you get on. I’m a similar height to you and I’ve been thinking about this for a while.
Dave

I fitted -40mm on the drivers side and -25mm on the passenger side; not a difficult job if you’re at all handy with metalworking tools.

With a height adjustable seat on the drivers side, it’s easy to lift it up a little if the position isn’t right. But if you fit -25mm, you can’t go lower.

Thanks for that.
How easy is it to do?
Dave

That rather depends on how “handy” you are. If you’re comfortable with an angle grinder/hacksaw & a file (and have them!), it’s really not difficult. It took a while (~3h all in for both sides), but fairly straightforward using the supplied instructions/how-to’s on this site

I just can’t make up my mind which to go with :joy: I definitely need to drop it to act fit with my helmet!

I have gone with the 2.5 inch drop and it’s already been delivered!
I will let you know how I get on :+1:

This is for the NC, but might provide some useful guidance.

Fitted the brackets today , I was expecting it to be a pain and it was! Took about 2 hours to do so not the end of the world but was not that straight forward. The instructions that come with it are absolutely rubbish, the write up on here was fantastic so thank you :smiling_face:
I sit much lower now and have loads of room, so well worth it I think. But annoying about the plastic bits with bearings in fell out the back straight away when I got it in the car but still slides sort of ok with a bit of force . ( not that I will be sliding it that often! )
Thanks again guys - well worth the effort.