Seat lowering

1. My model of MX-5 is: __NC

Hi all. I saw on a FB page that there are brackets we can get that allow us to lower the drivers seat…

I’m 6.4 and with the roof up my hair just touches the rail in the roof which is directly above my head.

Lowering the seat would eliminate this even if I was just dropped half an inch. My hair is very short just 2mm when it’s been cut but it just catches which is a bit irritating.

Course I only go out when it’s dry but finding a window in the weather for more than half an hour is seemingly impossible. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Evening.

Fitted Jass lowering bracket (‐2.5"). Bit.of a pig of a jib but makes a big difference.

Do it bit don’t expect to enjoy the process, just the outcome.

Really useful guide on how you do it on here.

Cheers,

F.

1 Like

Guide link

1 Like

Thanks for that. Much appreciated…
It looks a right old job !!

Fitting the Jass brackets is fairly straightforward if you have the right tools and can live with a bit of a battle to get it all lined up.
Thanks @TMC for posting my how to. Glad to see people are finding it useful.
There is danger of the ball-races coming out the ends once you chop the rails, so proceed with caution, and perhaps seal up the gaps with some epoxy resin when finished.
I’m 6’4” too, and it’s made the car much better when the roof is up for me.

2 Likes

Totally agree with the Jass bracket recommendation. Fitted to 2 cars now, one of which was written off by me and the brackets held up perfectly. Vlad at Jass is mega helpful too. :+1:t2: