Selection of Replacement DAB aeial

1. My model of MX-5 is: NC
  2. I’m based near: Manchester
  3. I’m looking for technical help or recommendations on: DAB Aerial selection.
    I installed a DAB radio a couple of years ago and installed a small DAB aerial which sat on the top of the dashboard near the windscreen. This aerial has now failed for some reason. Does anyone have any recommendations for a replacement aerial. I’m thinking of a replacement bee-sting aerial (looks just like the original fitted aerial) but it’s designed as an FM and DAB aerial. Is that the best option to take as suspect the other (cheaper) dashboard/windscreen aerials don’t provide the same quality reception as a conventional aerial. Any opinions would be very much appreciated.2024-06-05T23:00:00Z

Having explored various options when changing my head unit, I eventually decided to install a window mounted aerial on the passenger side.
The original one I purchased (with the head unit) was very disappointing, but after doing a bit of research , I was persuaded to purchase a replacement one from Eightwood. I can’t speak highly enough about it. Totally transformed the digital radio reception, to the point it constantly outperforms the factory fitted unit in my van. And it’s only £11!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eightwood-Digtial-Antenna-Extension-Blaupunkt-SMB-Glass/dp/B01E6QXM30

Totally agree, the ebay item or £11.00 works perfectly. Just remember to ensure you have a clean earth for the mounting on the windscreen.