Silverstone Classic 2022

You can leave cars overnight, but please check in the tent if it’s in a good place for the follow day and be prepared to move it if needs be.

I shall try to maintain my record of being one of the first cars to arrive each day - I enjoy an early breakfast at the track.

Entry lists on Masters Historic Racing website look very good - with up to 66 cars a race - except a pitiful 15 for GT4 (in which my interest is minimal, compared to my preferred 60s and 70s stuff )

2 Likes

What time is “early” John?

About 7-15 - gates open at 7 . I bet you are there before me, right ?

1 Like

Is this going to be a club meet/parking area for people that got tickets through the club?

I got tickets through a contact who works at the race track so I’ll be there in my MX-5 that’s on my profile for the club and will have my club membership card and all that but normal tickets.

Hi Lance,

if you have an infield car pass (this is separate from a ticket) we will fit you on the stand. If you don’t there is now not a way to get one and the gate team will direct you to a car park.

Thanks for the response. That’s good to know, thank you. Never been to Silverstone Classic before so had no idea how it works. I’ll just be sure to swing by the stand and come say hi while I’m there

Thanks Ian. I’ll be there early on Friday morning anyway.

Oo, no probably not the , got several hours to drive first…

1 Like

I’ve got a 3 day ticket sadly the clutch has gone yesterday so won’t be in the car. Having to bring the van instead. :frowning:

Just to be aware that sadly they won’t let vans on to the infield.

I know staying at woodlands so be walking in. Gutted spent all last weekend detailing. Would have been her first showing since a lot of work. I’ll see you all on friday I’ll be the grumpy one. Lol

Big smiles was clutch master cylinder. A BIG BIG thank you to Phil at Brooklands garage Truro he got one, fitted this morning,driven up this afternoon now got a beer at Woodlands. Not in the van. Seeyou all tomorrow.

5 Likes

Should be there around 9 on Friday if the queuing isn’t too bad. Will try to catch the the pre-war sports car qualifying at 9.30.

Just a massive thanks to the MX5 ‘staff’ at the Classic. It was my first time at the event and everyone was so generous with their time. Absolutely going to be there next year!

1 Like

Seconded, thanks to the volunteers from the Northampton group?

Perfect weather for it, neither too hot nor too cold. Often weird weather at Silverstone, I’ve been frozen in those stands previously even in July.

1 Like

Also like to pass on thanks to the mx5oc team, it was well organised and a great weekend, the weather for it fantastic too

2 Likes

The reason for the challenging weather at Silverstone is not , as some nonsensically claim , that ‘it has its own climate’ , but the fact that it is surprisingly elevated - nearly 600ft ASL - and is thus exposed to all the weather throws at one . I have endured snow , floods ,gales, thunderstorms and baking heat there - but not plagues of locusts . Yet - who knows with climate change ?

1 Like

… perching oneself on 50 feet of scaffolding every time one goes there reinforces the perception that it is always blustery, I expect. My wife always works out which is the windward side and makes me sit there with her under my lee!

We had a fantastic weekend basking in the sunshine and marvelling at the motorsport at The Classic - Silverstone last weekend.

Thanks to all the members who displayed cars and also came to say hello on the MX-5 Owners Club stand.

We can’t recommend this show highly enough to members - there are some fantastic discounts available via the Club for members, who off your car on the infield Parking display and gain significant discounts and 2 for 1 entry on tickets

News Just in - The date has just been set for next year!

Mark your diary and as soon as we have more details we will publish them.

4 Likes