So who's coming along to be a World Record Breaker then?

From Sussex Downs and East Sussex 9 cars coming up on the Friday for the 3 days. (2) MK4, (4) MK3,3.5 &3.75 (2) MK 2.5 and (1) MK1.

yep - I’ll be there…looking forward to it!

Yep - in the VR-B. 

Out of interest - why “Mazdas”, and not MX-5s?  Is it because of the Eunos thing?

Yep also my first (northwest) are you doing track time john

2001 NB 

I think originally its down to what Guiness will accept as a record and a one model record such as just MX-5 they won’t allow it seems. Perhaps it then opens the floor gates for records for every single model from every single manufacturer, and it would then get a bit daft!

I’m sure we tried to see if we could MX-5s when we set our last record, but that ended up as “convertibles”.

curses! - everything is happening at the same time and i’m committed to doing sound at a festy then…dang!

My son Jamie and I will be coming down from West Lothian in my Mk.1 S-Special, top down all the way I hope!

Ian & Kay, Guisborough, north east, 10th anniversary. will be there.

… I used to own a few Toyota MR2 turbos over the years. Through IMOC(International MR2 Owners Club) we did and achieved a Guinness World Record at Silverstone Circuit for largest number of any marque of MR2s. There were both T - Bar and Tin-Top versions present… Pretty awesome site tbh. We had to drive 3-abreast around the circuit as there were so many turned up. 

Sheila and Graham from Solent/South Central will be there

that’s interesting, thanks but a quick google suggests it was for Toyotas. Was it in 2009?

Hi Martin.
It was 2009,and just MR2s on the attempt… Heres some footage from Silverstone… A brilliant day!
https://youtu.be/6j_8vYekaOg

And here’s footage of our previous attempt in 2007 at Rockingham race circuit too. Another brilliant day!

https://youtu.be/Cne6UCRSOJk

I’ll be there, it will be my first meeting, nice run out with the new RF, what an awesome little car these are! The “smile machine”  

Looking forward to it!

Bru 

My mate and I are coming up from Norfolk in convoy in the turbo and supercharged Mk1s from this month‘s Total MX5 magazine. Looking forward to the drive and the event. 

Very nice cars you have there 

Richard & Julia we will be there our first outing with the club, North West Midlands.

Going to try and get up there from Northants. Would love to have a nose around other people’s cars, get some inspiration!

Coming from near Bakewell…Mk1

Graham and Mel from Hebburn. First timers to an Mx5 meet and looking forward to it ??

Sadly not  first one I will be missing since owning an MX5, have a fantastic weekend all.