So who's coming along to be a World Record Breaker then?

I’ll be there

[quote=martin]

I’m sure you all read the Chairman’s bit in the April Soft Top Hardtop?  Of course you did, so you know how excited I am about going for a couple of world records at the Spring Rally. 

Now I know I’ll be there, but who else is coming?  I can’t set a record on my own.

To give you something to aim for here are the crucial numbers:

“Largest parade of convertibles” which is our record already set in 2012

“largest parade of Mazda cars” set in Netherlands in 2013

Given how many we usually attract to our rallies these days it can’t be hard can it?

Add you name below then go off and spread the word. 

And if you are keen on helping on the day the team will be pleased to hear from you. 

I will be there with my partner Justine and of course not forgetting Everard the Harvard! It’s our first meeting so please say hi…

yep, not long now, 

Tony & Wendy from South-Central with our Mk 2.5 Indiana (as featured in STHT Oct 2018)

We are driving up tomorrow in the Mk1,  my wife’s Mk2.5 wont be coming though.

Shame it clashes with national drive it day

I’ll see you at Gaydon in September

I’m going up tomorrow from Essex staying at Goole sat night If any one driving up early afternoon fancy a convoy

Travelling from Hampshire to stay over near Shiptonthorpe on Saturday.  Me in NB 2.5 and wife in ND RF.  Looking forward to it!

Robert & Elaine (Solent)

I’ll be making the huge 7 mile drive there 

Lets hope the weather stays dry!

Have a safe trip, and don’t be late… 

What a turn out , absolutely fab, and on another plus note I only had a thin hoodie on when we arrived about 09.45 , It was a bit nippy, so the wife bought me an owners club jacket … result :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

That happened to both me and Mrs B last Spring Rally at Goodwood, 1 X hoodie and 1 X Paddock jacket 

Barrie

Brilliant day out. I’ve never seen so many MX5s in one place. I think there were over 2000.

Did we manage to break the records (keep moving at 15 mph with less than 2 car gap was tricky)?

Removing my number from my windscreen was even harder, eventually managed with a lot of patience, plastic card and nail varnish remover.

Many thanks to all who organised and took part in this event.

George

Hi everyone!

excellent day out!  Really enjoyed the parade!

Many thanks to the organisers!!!

Ofiaich

My 8 year old son and I had a great time at the rally today; his favourite bit was getting to toot the horn a lot haha (and I let him rev the engine too, shhhh)

so did we beat the record? does anyone know yet?

A wonderful day, the weather kept dry and the orange globe in the sky appeared occasionally. Seeing MX5s almost all around a lap of the airfield made it a day to remember.

Congratulations to all the organizers.

Can we have a guess at the final total - 1500?? 

Just back following a drive home via the ‘scenic route’, what a great day. Just wanted to say a huge thank you to the organisers and volunteers, I can only begin to imagine the huge amount of work that has gone into this event - well done all of you 

Absolutely outstanding turn out! Was my first meeting and unfortunately probably my last as I’m going to have to put my MK1 up for sale as work has  necessitated a new daily and I’ve ran out of drive space!! ??

Cracking day, but at one point i thought i was in an episode of Dads Army…Warden Hodges shouting ‘put that light out, put that light out’…‘close that gap, close that gap, come on line four, close that gap’. 

Home and tired out, car will be cleaned tomorrow.

Dave.

Martin the chairman started this thread and I’m sure he will confirm over the next few days the final numbers.