SOLENT AREA - Evening Drive on Wednesday 17th August to The Flower Pots Inn, Cheriton

Hi Everyone,

I have been looking for places to fill the gap in our Programme for Wednesday 17th August and fortunately, Steve the Landlord at The Flower Pots Inn, Cheriton answered my email and has provisionally booked us in, stating that they do tend to get incredibly busy on Wednesdays but its a great venue and worth persuing.

Steve has requested that we gather pre-orders in advance of our visit and that he will speak to his Head Chef first thing on Friday morning (12th Aug), when they both return from our much needed couple of days off, regarding the menu for next week. Once Steve has done this he will send me menu for us to choose from and we will need a quick turn-around on peoples meal choices, so I can get them back to Steve soonest.

So, standby for further updates on this thread and I will capture your meal orders on a Spreadsheet for the Chef at The Flower Pots :+1:

If you wish to confirm your attendance in the first instance, I will capture that on the spreadsheet and add your meal choices later, once I have posted the menu.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,
17th is my birthday and we are away, have a great evening to all,
Regards
John & Patricia

Can you put Esther and I down as a maybe for this Mal?
Max

Thank you J&P, have a great time away👍

1 Like

Will do👍

Hi Mal.
We could well be interested but will depend on timings as we are both working.
Richard and Clare.

Hi Richard & Clare,

It will be good to have you both along :+1:

Regards

Mal

Hi Everyone,

Simon has excelled himself and sent me the menu for Wednesday a day earlier than he originally stated :+1:

To this end, please see the custom menu that the Chef & Simon have put together for us, given below and make your choices soonest, so I can capture them on my spreadsheet and email them to Simon Monday night to be sure of getting you what you wish to eat. I realise its a tight timescale but its doable, if we are prompt.

As before, click on the menu to open it in a larger format for easier viewing :wink:

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal
Please include Val and Bob, and would both like Ham,Egg and Chips
Thanks
Bob

1 Like

Great news, will he good to have you both along and yours are the first orders I have received thus far…except for mine of course🙂

Morning Mal,

(Well, it’s 1 minute to noon, so it’s still morning!)

Angela and I will be in for this. Please put us down for 2 x Med. pasta salads, we’ll sort the yummy desserts out afterwards :yum:!

Ron & Angela

Will do Shippers :wink:

I have five orders for food so far, so going well. Keep’em coming :+1:
Regards
Mal

Hi Everyone,

Been sittng in the cool of the study with the fan on me doing the route for Wednesday - bliss :grin:

So, here for all those attending the drive and supper atThe Flower Pots Inn, is the set of directions for you to print off, for use on the night;

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal
Can you add 2 more to list
1Ham egg and chips
1 Pots ploughman’s
Regards
Howard & Julie

Sure will, many thanks Howard and Julie :+1:

Afternoon

Max - Pots ploughman’s + side of chips + millionaires sundae

Esther - fish and chips + millionaires sundae

All the best
Max

Hi Everyone,

Now the route has been posted, I can now update you on the timings for this event.

We will congregate at Costa Coffee, Broadcut, Fareham, PO16 8SU, at 18:00 onwards, for a prompt departure at 18:45, for the drive to The Flower Pots Inn, via the Scenic Meon Valley :sunglasses:

This will enable us to get to the venuie for approx 19:30, so Chef can serve us with our pre-orders.

I look forward to seeing you all there and I am pleased to say I will have Chrystianne with me as navigator :+1:

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal.
We will struggle to make the drive start but will meet you all at the pub.
See you there

Richard and Clare.

Yes, appreciate that you pick Clare up from the station and timings will be tight.

We look forward to seeing you both there.

Rgds

Mal