SOLENT AREA - IOW visit on Sunday 25th June to join up with our IOW MX5OC Colleagues for the day

Dear All,

We last did this one back in June 2018, two days after I retired :smile: :+1:

Since the beginning of this year, Jeff on the Island and myself have been laising via email, in order to scope the visit and Jeff has been great in coming up with a rendevous point, drive & lunch venue on the island and a photo-call at the end, before we depart the island :sunglasses:

Jeff is currently liasing with Wightlink & Red Funnel, to see if we can get a Group Discount for Ferry Crossings, from Portsmouth & Southampton.

The plan for the day is, is to travel to the Island and drive to “The Dairyman’s Daughter”, Arreton, IOW to meet up and have a chat over a coffee and Bacon Sandwich. From there we will travel, via various scenic places on the island, that are currently being finalised.

We will visit “The Wight Mouse” for lunch and then continue our drive aorund the island before finishing at a convenient point for a photo call with all cars and members, before departing the island.

So, the purpose of this post is to gauge numbers for Jeff, so he can give Ferry Companies venues an idea of numbers in order to try and acheive a Group discount.

To this end, please reply to this post soonest, if you definately intend to join us on this one, to assist Jeff is trying to organise a group discount for us all. Your assistance in this would be greatly appreciated by Jeff and myself :wink:

Best Regards

Jeff & Mal

3 Likes

Hi Mal

Please include me in numbers many thanks :+1::+1:

Kay and myself up for it! Pretty sure we can get at least 6 cars from South Central. Think we had 10 last time.

Please add me for this drive Mal & Terry , Gerry.

3 Likes

Hi Mal,

Yep definitely in for this.

It was a superb sunny day last time we did this in 2018, so we want a repeat for this year Mal :sunglasses:!

Ron & Angela

Lyn & I will be interested from Southampton👍

1 Like

Christine and Richard are interested

Hi Mal,
Roger and Lynn are interested

Hi Mal
We would be interested, Southampton preferred departure.
Stuart & Pat

Hi Mal,
Jue & I are up for this also.
Regards,
Chris & Jue

Hi Mal, you can put Judy and myself down for a visit to the South Island.

Rgds

Martin

Hi Mal, Bill and I are interested in this please. Thanks Sue.

1 Like

Hi Mal please include me for the IOW run, many thanks

Phil

Hi Mal

Interested

Howard & Julie

1 Like

Geoff and Sandra streeter south central we would like to join the visit to the Isle of Wight thankyou

Many thanks to everyone who has responded to my request on this to date, much appreciated.

I will forward this initial info to Jeff on the island, realising there could be more members wishing to join this event - hopefully :crossed_fingers:

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal,

We are are in the South Central area but would be very interested to a trip to the IOW.

Regards Roger and Sarah

Mal. Three couples on todays run expressed an interest in the visit. All went last time.

1 Like

Many thanks for the responses since my last post, earlier today, much appreciated. This one is going very well thus far. :+1: :grinning:

Regards

The Solent Team

High Mal
Please add us to the list for this adventure. It will be the first trip abroad for both The car and Bentley.

Thanks Colin and Jo

2 Likes