SOLENT AREA - Wednesday 19th August 2020: The Fish & Chip Run is back!

Hi Everyone, As promised, Terry, Diane, Serena and I have reviewed the events we can do enabling “Social Distancing” to be practical for members and are pleased to provide details of our second event, the first being Thruxton Historic on Sunday 16th August 2020, as previously posted.

So, our second event will be on: Wednesday 19th August for the prestigious Fish & Chip Run, which will be our usual evening drive meeting. Also, as we have done in the past, we will rendevous at The Main Car Park, Bishops Waltham, Hants. SO32 1AR from 18:15 onwards, ready for departure at 19:00.

Once there, we can chat in the car park whilst waiting for members to arrive and Costa Coffee should be open, so that people can grab a coffee if desired and use the toilet facilities in the car park.

The Menu for the night is, as follows;
Fish and Chips £6
Jumbo Sausage and Chips £4
Chicken Bites and Chips £5
Steak Pie and Chips £4.50
Cheese and Onion Pasty & Chips £4.50
Mushy Peas £1.20

Please reply to this post, stating clearly your, names, meal choices and cost for each meal. Payment will only be via PayPal and not on the night.

The PayPal account is under the name of: Nicholas Greest (nickgreest@gmail.com).
NB: I have today, made a test payment to Nick and had confirmation it has worked, so its been proven and should therefore, not present any problems for members. DONT FORGET TO SELECT PAYING FRIENDS AND FAMILY, OTHERWISE YOU MAY INCUR CHARGES!!!

Caroline & Nick will not start the drive at Bishops Waltham, as they need to meet the deadline for collecting the food from the Alverstoke Fish & Chip Shop, so will meet us all at Lifeboat Lane Car Park, just after 19:45 with all our orders.
You will need to bring with you folding Chairs, rugs, cutlery, drink and condiments of your choosing.

PLEASE NOTE: The MX5OC Club, in accordance with the latest Government & Public Health England Guidance have limited the numbers attending MX5 drives to 30 people (not numbers of MX5’s) in total, so this will be done strictly on a “first come first served basis”!

The club has also requested that AC’s log names and contact phone numbers for all participants in these events, up to 30 members (max), as a safety measure. It will be a “manual list” and only held by myself and therefore, not held on computer or any media device and will be destroyed by shredding or burning after the pre-determined time dictated by the MX5OC has passed. I will collect contact phone/mobile numbers on the night, as people arrive at Bishop Waltham Car Park, as this is also a requirement for the list.

Please be aware that, if the MX5OC club decide this event cannot go ahead, due to revised government guidelines, the event will be cancelled as soon as possible, so that Caroline & Nick can inform the Fish & Chip shop.

Best Regards
Mal & Terry

1 Like

Hi Mal, Serena, Diane and Terry

Great news that things have started up again. FYI, we are away in the caravan covering both these events, so have a great time and hope to catch a future event.

Bernie and Sue

Please put Tony and myself down for the fish and chip evening Mal, many thanks and look forward to a catch up with everyone, Judy

Sorry, two X fish and chips please = £12.

Bernie & Sue - sorry you wont be there but sincerely hope you have a nice time away in your caravan. Hope to catch up again soon. Regards Mal

1 Like

Hi Judy & Tony, Brilliant, many thanks for your orders and look forward to seeing you both on the 19th August. Regards Mal

@Malski21,
Please put Patricia and John down for 2×fish and chips=£12

@Malski21,
Just tried to transfer money to Nicholas Greest via paypal, not working, need email address or phone number I would imaging you have a shortcut just showing his name…

Andy & Alison Brennan - new members so this will be our first meet - please put us down for two Fish & Chips £12

Hi Patricia,

I know it works as I did it yesterday. Search for Nicholas Greest and you will see his photo. Once selected you can either send a £1 test payment, which is what I did and the balance can be paid once Nick confirms safe receipt of the £1

Regards

Mal

Hi Alison & Andy,
Great stuff, it will be good to have you along and look forward to meeting you both there.
Regards
Mal

Hi Mal & Terry,
Please put Julianne and myself down for fish & chips x 2 = £12
Regards,

Chris

Having the same problem Mal: Please enter a valid email address, name or mobile number (i.e. name@domain.com, a name or an 11-digit number only).
Chris

@Malski21
Thanks Mal, I had not turned on search in paypal
regards
Patricia

@Radical
Hi Chris, Patricia had the same problem, all you have to do is turn on the search for paypal members…
regards
John

@Malski21
Yeepee! I can celebrate my 74th birthday, which is on the 17th…

Hi all, sorry just got around to catching up with this activity. Looks like people are getting there now though.
Mal

Hi Chris, did you manage to sort the PayPal payment in the end? If not, try: nickgreest@gmail.com
Regards
Mal

For anyone having issues paying for the Fish & Chip run via PayPal, if you cannot find Nick via the PayPal search, use: nickgreest@gmail.com

Hope this helps

Regards

Mal

My list is now up and running and we have 12 people signed up for this event, this far.

Keep’em coming :wink:

Best Regards

Mal

1 Like