SOLENT AREA - Wednesday 19th August 2020: The Fish & Chip Run is back!

Wow, great to see the last few posts and it will be good to see you all again.

From my reckoning we are up to 29 members now, so only 1 more space left but Caroline & Nick will confirm this, once they pick up your meal orders.

Hi Nick. Just been messaging Mal this evening about this meet. My partner Samantha and I would like to attend.

Our meal choices are
Samantha - Fish and Chips
John - Jumbo Sausage and Chips.
Total Cost - £10

Let me know if you have spaces left and I will make payment via paypal.

Thanks

John Alex Pugsley

1 Like

Hi Nick. Just paid via paypal.

Good news everyone,
We have reached the maximum number of people we are allowed to have at this event (30). So the list is now closed and no further orders will be accepted.
Regards
Mal

1 Like

Hi Nick sent payment via paypay today. Dave & Linda.

Hi Nigel & Louise,

Further to my last message to you, I have been in contact with Caroline & Nick and we have liaised on numbers and payments made to them via PayPal, by the time we reached the maximum number of 30 members fully paid up.

Sadly, to date Nick has still not received a PayPal payment from you and therefore you have been dropped from the list of attendees for this event.

However, rest assured that should we have any cancellations in the meantime, you will be contacted to see if you still wish to attend the Fish & Chip run and we will go from there.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal, glad the fish & chip run is back. I know the list is full, but if you get a cancellation, please put me down.
Have fun everyone. Hope to see you at another event
Valerie

Hi Valerie,

Good to hear from you. Let me know what you would like to eat and I will email Nick to see if he is happy to add you to the list.

I not too late, it’s worth a try.

Regards

Mal

1 Like

Fish and chips please
Valerie

1 Like

Hi can you let us no when the next one we’ll be thanks nigel and Louise for the fish and chips :fries: night out and my email address is nigel.strarup@yahoo.co.uk thanks :blush:

Hi Nigel & Louise,

I will do my best, sorry it did not work out this time. I am hoping to post a month ahead at a time, given the current Covid climate. So keep an eye on this forum and I will also post a link to any new events on the Solent FB page.

Best Regards

Mal

Anyone with a mk4 (nd) coming on Wednesday that would be kind enough to lend me a removable cup holder for a week?

TIA

Max

Paid £6 for fish and chips (Owl29 aka Valerie) to Nick’s paypal account. If it doesn’t arrive in time he can always send it back
Valerie

Hi Mal, Nick and Caroline

Would it be really inconvenient, if I were to cancel? I’m not going to be able to get away from work early now and with driving up from London first, it’s going to be really tight for time.

I wouldn’t want to not be able to join in and take a couple of places when somebody else could take those places.

I’m so sorry.

Sandra

Hi Everyone,

The orders have now gone in to The Alverstoke Fish & Chip Shop, so we are all set.

There are only a couple of minor changes to the list below in that Gerry has now taken on Sandra & Kevin’s Meals, as Sandra sadly has to work later tomorrow and then drive down from London.

If your name does not appear on the list then, please do not turn up, as we would exceed our mandated numbers of 30 people at MX5OC events.

We look forward to seeing you all at Bishops Waltham for the drive to Lifeboat Lane Car Park :wink:

Regards

Mal, Caroline & Nick

1 Like

Hi Sandra,

I spoke to Caroline a few minutes ago and its all sorted. Sorry you cannot join us for this event as its usually a good one.

Hopefully, Caroline will in touch to refund monies, as Gerry has taken on the Fish & Chips and hopefully Caroline can ring the Chippy tomorrow to cancel the other meal.

Best Regards

Mal

Hi Mal, don’t worry about the money. Nick/Caroline can keep it for the trouble they’ve gone too.
I’m so sorry that I can’t make it. Roll on retirement!
Look forward to seeing you at the next run organised for September.
Best wishes
Sandra

Hi Everyone going to the Fish & Chip run tonight,

“Its still on”

But given the terrible weather, we are currently experiencing, if you don’t wish to take your MX5 along. Bring whatever car or boat you like😁

The forecast says things are easing later this afternoon, so we could be lucky but I think it will definitely be eating in cars.

Thank you Sandra, much appreciated. I will pass that on to Caroline & Nick, who have done an amazing job coordinating this one.

Mal

A big thank you must go to Caroline & Nick for running our first evening event, since Covid, of the Fish & Chip run. Their efforts are greatly appreciated by all and the Fish & Chips were absolutely delicious.

It was great to see and catch up with so many members, both new and old, who joined us for this event. We look forward to seeing you again on the next event, which is Patricia & John’s Sunday drive to Ramster Hall Gardens on 6th September - keep an eye on the forum for updates on this event and more.

1 Like