Sparkly Berkeley Bunch

Hi Mandie,

Please send me your postal address and I will send you a set.

Tom

Hey Tom, I sent you an email about the centre caps about a week ago, did you get it? Id love some for my Berkeley.

Melissa

Hi Tom,

Got my centres today, they’re great, many thanks.  Going to have a blonde moment now, how did you fit them, did you stick them in the recess with something?

Mandie

I don’t pick it up until Saturday but I have just bought No. 39 so I would like to join please.

Will have to change my signature asap

Come in no.39 Clapping hands in the air

Welcome Bob, swelling the ranks of the Sparkly Berkeley Bunch - Fantastic Big Smile

Are the chassis numbers sequential and in line with the x of 400 plates?

And were there any later Mk1 chassis numbered cars sold in the Uk?

Having had my Berkeley for just a week, I have to say I love it! I think I’ve got myself a very well-looked after car…and have vowed to learn how to look after my shiny newness properly. Did my first weekly service on Sunday, then washed and waxed…have never waxed a car in my life! My friends and colleagues are either 1) bemused or 2) jealous; my daughter is embarassed by her mother’s wanton exhibitionism; my mother thinks I’m going to kill myself! All normal there then Stick Tongue Out

53 000 miles, a few very minor scuffs, sun-bleached wood trim, one small hole in the soft top…no obvious rust, everything seems to work as it should, and all mine Big Smile

My plans: needs a big service and timing belt replaced (not me, the garage!), would like to sort the wood trim at some point, replacing the ashtray with a holder thingie…cleaning then re-proofing the hood as soon as the Renovo arrives…and sorting out the garage ready for the winter…my neighbour says he thinks his Mazda has gone rusty on the sills and arches cos he parks it up in the garage when wet…then it sits there, warm and soggy. What does anyone else think about this? Fair point? Have also bought a car cover for those nights when it’s cold or wet and it’s still parked up outside…presumably I wouldn’t want to stick it under the cover when still wet??

So many questions Confused!!!

Hi there, sounds like you’re getting well into it … good for you Thumbs up

Mine was under a cover for first couple of years.  Did a good job, just need to make sure breathable, and I only put mine on when car was clean & dry - bit difficult if it is your daily drive.  Mines now in a garage, but again only tends to go out in dry so gets put away dry. If it does go away damp I leave the garage window open, which combined with the gap under the door tends to create some through draught to dry things out. If going in a garage wet you’ll need ventilation.

I passed another Berkeley on the way to work this morning.  I didn’t know there were any others in Norfolk.  Between Honingham and Easton on the A47 around 8:20am.

If you’re on this forum, say Hi.

Mandie

Are the Berkeley VIN numbers sequential and in line with the x of 400 plates?

And were there any later Mk1 VIN numbered cars sold in the Uk?

Sorry to repeat the question, but last time it was lost at the bottom of the page.

Hi Ralph,  I don’t have the answer, but would think best bet would be Roadster Robbie on the forum who is collating a register of Mk1 special editions inc the Berkeley and including info on VIN numbers and SE plaques (x of 400) etc.  Search for special edition register on forum and you’ll probably turn up one of Robbie’s posts and a link to the register.  Ray

Hi everyone,

please count me in on the bunch.
I’ll be picking mine up next week

I wonder what a pair of Berkeleys seen together is? A duo? A pair? A brace?

I saw steve harley’s Berkeley today and went for a little spin and stopped at mx5motors. It was really great to see 2 of the same together, and fab to see the same car in the mirror whilst driving.
Photo’s below.

Mine is the one in front:

This time Steve’s is the one in front

Nice pics Richard, we enjoyed the run out with you, and the bemused looks from other drivers when they saw double - Karen said “What a couple of Berks!”

Please add me into the group, I have no 94/400, only had her for a week but love driving my green machine!

Hi ralph,

I own berkeley No 007/400   vin number   jmzna18p200321363  engine No BP229195

Car in belfast reg number sbz 6993

Hope this is of help to you.

Best reguards Tom

Hi Ray,

Haven’t been on forum for a long time, Did you get the centre caps for your berkeley wheels that I sent, if so did you ever use them and did they do the job.

Tom

No…us ZSport owners are clearly the most special because I only had ONE reply to a similar post!

Oh dear Barry, lonesome ZSports Cry …  You’re most welcome here, especially if you find yourself a Berkeley … infact Berkeley Barry has a bit of a ring to it Big Smile.

Hi Tom, yes I did get the centres thanks.  My Berkeley had aftermarket wheels on it when it came to me, but I picked up some original Berkeley wheels which I haven’t fitted yet.  The Berkeley wheels have the centres missing.  The wheels are stored in the loft at the moment, and I plan to get them refurbed at some point and fit your centres.  I did have a clamber up in the loft when I received the centres to try them, and they did fit and look great.  I thought I might have been able to fit them in the aftermarket wheels for the time being, but the centre hole is bigger. Regards, Ray

Ha ha!  Yes it does somewhat!!    Dancing

1 Like