Spring Rally 2012, Got any questions ? Post here....

Hi Ray

Just found out that dogs are allowed to Blyton park. BUT not on the race track and must be on leads at all times.

All the best Terry and Sam ps say hello to Jess from Sam

Will I be able to fit in the Lost Gardens AND the Best of the West??

I have been told that there is a firework display in falmouth on Friday evening, has any one got the start time.

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/t/36739.aspx

see item 14, 10pm it says… Big Smile

Cheers I missed that.  Huh?

Hi Susie,

Lost Gardens and the Best of the West on Saturday ?

OK could be done, but I would guess you would finish quite late in the evening after the Garden Tour starts 11am for 90min. The Best of the West start is 30 miles from Heligan and further miles back to your base from the Hayle area on completion. Not a lot of spare time to stop off and enjoy en route !

Best Option here, as obviously Heligan appeals, is to go for the Lost Gardens with the extra Garden Tour offered by Heligan groundsmen starting at 11am. Those opting for the special Garden Tour will automatically receive a shortended mirrored Roseland Route to take up after the Garden Tour from Heligan.

The Roseland Peninsula is the least known Gem of Cornwall. You will not be dissapointed.

Mike

2012 Spring Rally Co-Ordinator.

Fire Works Night on the 18.

I have found out that the fire work display should start at 10pm.

I phoned the town manager Richard. but he has said to keep any eye on Falmouth.co.uk that will have the correct time closer to the day, is that OK with one and all. 

I will be at the harbour early to get loads of photos and a good walk with Sam.

Have Fun Tez and SamDog 

Sorry I also missed the post above.

Hi 

Just wondered, if any of the runs were going near the Eden Project and if there may be any deals re discounted entry. Thought I would check before we redeem our Tesco’s Clubcard Vouchers!!  Smile

Thanks

Gillian

Hi Jim/Cath

Did you have any luck because I have done the same thing.

Many thanks

Ray

Hi RAY I did find my form in the end so booked in , i did ring someone on the committee in the soft top hard tom mag and they said they would send me another booking form so best try that mate
jim / cath

Hi Gillian,

The Roseland Run is the nearest Run to the Eden Project, and this Run starts from the Probus area (A390) and finishes up at the Tea Rooms, Heligan Gardens.

Heligan to Eden is about 20/30 minutes further on.

Both the Eden Project & The Roseland tour route will need real time to absorbed and enjoy. To be honest they would be best tackled on seperate days.

See you soon

Mike

2012 Spring Rally Co-Ordinator, Cornish Fives.

Thanks Mike, appreciate your reply.

Regards.

Gillian

Hi Martin,

I hope you can help me as I am unable to find my booking form. I have already booked the accomodation but have not registered for the rally/dinner dance. I would like to book two tickets for the event and I would be grateful if you could advise me what I should do.

Many thanks

Ray

Thanks Jim I’ll try that.

Ray

Hi, we’ve just booked a week in Cornwall to coincide with the Spring Rally weekend Clapping hands in the air.

We’re coming down on the Friday and staying in Padstow in self catering accommodation some friends have recommended.  We’ll have Jess our Spaniel with us so won’t be able to attend the dinner dance (as Jess doesn’t dance Dog), but we will be in Falmouth for the fire works on Friday, attending one of the runs on Saturday and of course the Rally on Sunday.

Apologies if this has already been asked/answered (at the moment can’t find my last STHT to look for the answers there), but please can you confirm when the chosen run has to be booked by and if there are limited numbers on them, if the booking form for the runs and the rally was in Feb STHT, and if there’ll be another booking form in the April edition?

Thanks, Ray

Hi Ray,

There are no led runs, all will be downloadable from the Forum. Members can kick off anytime they wish.

For Cornish Fives advice, a brief route description can be found on the Main Thread here under ‘2012 Spring Rally Runs’.

There will be another booking form in the next issue of STHT along will the latest update on the Rally.

See you all soon

Mike

2012 Spring Rally Co-Ordinator, Cornish Fives

Thanks Mike.  I’ve had a look at the summary of the runs on the forum.  They all look great , and we’ll be sure to do them all at some point during our week in Cornwall. Regards, Ray

having just joined the club and not familiar with it all, how do we apply for the cornwall run,do we just turn up or is there a protocol

dee and john (Kernow)

First welcome to the OC Waving   If you are on about the areas monthly runs you nead to contact the orgainisers via the cornish 5’s web site. If it is the Spring Rally, you will recieve a “coathanger” in next months club mag. This gets you into Pendennis castle for the Sunday Rally. This sounds like it should be a good meeting with 5’s making the journey from all over the country. We will be traveling from Malvern on the Friday and returning on Monday.

What 5 do you have.

I e-mailed our pre-registration for the Mk3 car competition on 26th February and I have still not been granted the courtesy of a reply.

Would it not be possible to at least confirm receipt of the e-mail? Also it would be nice to have the entry confirmed fairly soon, preparation of a competition car begins weeks before the event and the Spring Rally is now little more than a month away.