Spring Rally 2012, Got any questions ? Post here....

NO we don’t want to know in advance it will spoil the daySmile I am sure that whatever our Cornish friends are doing will be a great day out for allBig Smile. Lets waite and see so its a surprise, I may self will not look if its put on site whats going on. other wise it will take some of the fun out of it !!!Smile

Tez and SAMDog

Hi Andrew and +1, 2 etc etc etc,

We’re holding back from publishing the exact details of the 4 downloadable routes until we have clarification of the exact Olympic torch route. So these final details are likely to be released nearer to the event. 

However, we can say that Routes A&D will start from the Falmouth, Route B from Probus (nr Truro), and Route C from the Newquay area. This effectvely will spread all visiting members around the County by journeying N,S,E&W of the Falmouth Area. 

ALL the routes are special, and you have the car to really enjoy whichever route you opt for.

By replying to The Rally booking form the Cornish Fives get an indication of likely numbers on the Saturday into each route area.

When we know we will use this Forum.

Mike & Sharon

Spring Rally Co-Ordinators

Hi Iain, Hillary & Little John

OK … a good question and a challenge.

First of all have you tried your AC as he/she may have members travelling down, who may be able to help out. Who you offload would be your family choice.

There maybe someone reading this Forum that can offer help.

Secondly, Pendennis Castle has a public Car Park (spaces for up to 80) so no problem there for the unmentionable vehicle on Rally Day, there may be a nominal charge by English Hertitage for that perfect son … but then he’s worth it, and there will a vaste choice of foods available for a growing lad to enjoy all day, including the special Rally Picnic Hampers.

Thirdly. If you arrive by Friday Night there is a massive Firework display in the Falmouth Harbour. Saturday would not be a problem for you to to download a route,  and the 3 of you enjoy one of the routes in the unmentionable. Not perfect but then no one will know ! You could also opt for choosing the club visit to Heligan Gardens, and no doubt we can sort a junior entrance fee, and no proble parking the unmeantionable in the corner of the car park !

Saturday Night Rally Dinner will depend where you are staying, but most accommodation outlets are prepared for those special little people ! … apparently a lot get turned in Pasties !

Please let us know on your booking form if we help more. Look forward to meeting you all

Mike & Sharon

Co-Ordinators

fair enough…any chance you could let us know what time the runs will be gathering/setting off, or even just if it will be am or pm ?

Hi

Obviously the time set off from any of the runs will be down to the individual to commence either am or pm. Once we know the exact Olympic Torch route and times we will do our very best to advise when we release the routes for downloading.

Hopes this helps

Mike & Sharon

Spring Rally Co-Ordinators

all clear now…ta

Mike and Sharon

Many thanks for the reply. We think we’ve solved the problem ourselves … by getting rid of the Mem. No, no, not like that. It’s not yet time to dig up the patio or phone the lawyer. She’s just discovered that she has another engagement and can’t make it. So, it looks like it will be a boy’s weekend away.

Of course, she may be fibbing about the alternative arrangement. We haven’t yet driven the 5 any distance and she may be waiting for the boys to test it out before she has to …

I just need to check that the boy isn’t go to go all trainee-teenagery on me and decide it’s not cool to be seen with his Dad. Then we can sign up without the need for a second car.

Look forward to meeting you.

Iain and Hilary.

Hi guys, just to say I read the questions directed at me, sorry for not replying directly, but as you can see Shazmaz has been along and answered them all and very well to.  Sharon is the one in the know, I just put the original post up for her… Big Smile

Hi Mike & Sharon keep up the good work see you in MaySmile

Andrew

OOw didn’t know that detail, more incentive to make sure I leave school on time, Thumbs uplets hope theres not too much trafficSmile

Dear Mike and Sharon

Well done on the Rally Booking form - lots of info on there and nicely done. We are in the process of filling it out and we have a couple of questions:

1. regarding the Picnic Hampers. We need to choose the sandwiches we would like included - do you want us to tick one choice per person or a selection…not sure and its not clear.

1. Which of the drive routes take in the Lost Gardens of Helligan?

Thanks

Ellie

Hi Martin

is it possible if I can arrive at 9am at the castle on the Sunday so I can set up the car to help the RNLI if not no worries.

All the best

Terry and Sam woof

Hi can anyone help ive booked my acommadation  and i need to book the sat  night meal and disco  but ive lost my booking form  so is there a tel number i can book over the phone on ?

regards jim/ cath

Hello Ellie

Great to hear from you and thanks for your kind wordsSmile

1.  As to the Picnic Hampers…Yes, please tick one choice of filling per person.

1. None of the Drive routes listed take you to Heligan. This is a seperate events and members make their own way there to be met by Cornish Fives on site.

If you wish to visit the gardens with out the free tour, then anytime is fine. Just tick how many ‘passes’ you require for discounted entry. PAY ON THE DAY £8.50

Tick ‘Free Guided Tour 19th May’ if you require tickets for this.  11.00am start. PAY ON THE DAY £8.50.

I do hope this helps.  Forms… they are a pain to fill in!

See you in MayClapping hands in the air

Thanks

Shazmaz

Cornish Fives 2012 Spring Rally

Hopefully the weather will be on our side. I have booked accomodation in Falmouth, so can you tell me were the nearest garage is with a jet wash in case the car gets dirty.

Looking forward to it.

Thanks for posting answer Shazmaz, as I was wondering the same thing, helps a lot. Looking forward to seeing you all in May.

We’re thinking of attending the Spring Rally (our first). 

Being a bit of a hike from Lancashire we would probably find some holiday accommodation and make a week of it Big Smile.

Now, we just don’t have the heart to take the bark out of our Berkeley, and Jess the spaniel would be holidaying with us, so the question is, are woofers welcome; at the castle grounds, on the rally field, on the runs and at the events etc?  And yes, she fully understands that the organisers will not be making a Dogs Dinner of the Saturday evening DinnerDog.

Also, anyone else planning to have a pooch on board - could she expect to meet up with any other canine club members?

One of our members allways takes Sam Woof on drives and nationals hes on here as tez and sam. He has posted on here in this thread so drop him a line, Thumbs up Opps sorry tango1956

Hello Berkeley-Ray

Dogs are welcome in all the grounds at Pendennis castle, the only out of bounds area is in side the castle itself.  And please bring Jess to say hello to Sam, I take SAM every where with me. The only event he is not allowed to go to is Blyton Park, and I am still trying to find out if Sam is allowed at the National in September.

Sam and I are staying in a hotel in foulmouth we are arriving Friday for the fire works.

All the best looking forward to seeing Jess, I will make sure we have some treats for Jess. Tez and Sam woof woof

Hi Tez & Sam,

that’s great news, now time to get planning and organising the trip, my work hols, mrs work hols, accommodation, and lots of practice at packing light (never even done an overnight in the 5 :o).

We won’t need to pack a satnav, as if you’re there first with the doggy treats, Jessie’s nose will do the rest!

If we’re there, which we’re definitely hoping to be, we’ll be sure to find you, and tell Sam we’ll be trading treats.

Regards, Ray & Bev & Jess