Spring Rally 2017

Zero posts so I thought I would kick things off.

I am looking forward to the Rally.  We lived near Bradford on Avon during the 70’s,

therefore I will be checking out a few past haunts as well as the Rally.

Keith

Yes I am looking forward to it to and have booked a room for Saturday night.

It will soon come round

I reckon on a long weekend will be booked. We love the Cotswolds, have family in Swindon, all on route

I was totally gutted missing out on this years Donnington rally so there is no way I’m missing this forth coming event 

Information will start to come up soon, but just to flag post the date for people on the Forum, stay tuned!

Sorry about this, but when and where is the spring rally.

see below

https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/yaf_postst95280_Rally-Dates-2017.aspx

It’s the title of this thread… 

Looking forward to it already Iain. Though shall miss the usual drive to the rallys with it being only up the road from Somerset. Shall just have to go the long way around via Cheddar Gorge.

Access denied. I assume the rallies are for paid up members only then?

No the rallies are open to all, but members gain free entry.

Some posts in the owners club forum are limited to members, such as member discounts etc.  as a member you have six magazines and a whole load of other opportunities.

This is why some posts are not accessible, sorry.

It’s on Sunday 23rd April 2017, at Ashton Court, Bristol.

Thanks for the replies, I appreciate that some areas are for paid members only. Bristol is on my doorstep so will look forward to coming along, thanks.

Peaks and Pennines will be coming down early on Saturday to visit Lacock (NT) on route, then driving down The Cheddar Gorge on Sunday morning.
Can anyone recommend a hotel - Premier / Holiday Inn in the Chippenham - Melksham - Bath area?
Ideally capable of taking 10 cars 20 members, safe parking and a pub / restaurant within staggering distance is a must.

Try going UP the gorge it is more fun than going down.  If you go up then you can go over the Mendip forest, (not many trees)  and then down Burrington Combe.

If you are not sure if you want to join why not pop along to one of our meetings or drives, and see what it is like.

If you’re staying in that area there are so many really good B&B’s and guesthouses it would be a shame to stay in a generic chain hotel. Sadly I’m no longer local to the area to be able to recommend specific hotels but something like the Shaw Country Hotel would probably fit the bill. Have a search in Bradford on Avon & surrounding villages for really pretty countryside and a good location for the run down to Cheddar.

Many thanks for the information