*******Spring Rally reports and pics*******

Had a great long weekend in CornwallBig Smile

A big thank you to the Cornish 5’s,were made very welcome, it was a fantastic event, and good to see some familiar faces.

Pics will follow - Wifi at the self catering place is a tad slow so could be next w/e before they’re up

Loving the ones so far
Keep 'em coming, everyone Thumbs up

Thank you Cornish 5’s for a great weekend, great location and a fun day. <o:p></o:p>

It was good to meet many new faces particularly at the caravan park just outside Newquay.<o:p></o:p>

Hi to Neil and Lynne was great to meet you, I’m sure we’ll bump into you again. Certainly wouldn’t miss your car!<o:p></o:p>

Can I say a big thank you to the Cornish fives for putting on a great event. Sam and I had lots of fun on the drive Saturday and an even better day Sunday, meeting old and making new friends.

Can I say a big thank you to all the people who gave for Sam’s charity on the day, Sam made an amazing £91 on the day.

All money was handed to the lovely ladies from the RNLI who helped count it out and kept cuddling Sam.

I have put some picks on my own site www.tezandsamwoff.co.uk if anyone wants to look.

All the best Tez and Sam Dog 

OK here are a few of mine:

Thank you Cornish 5’s. Hope you will all make the trip up north for the rally at Prescott.

For anyone who missed it!

Torch Timetable:

11:00 We are told the torch is 9 mins away

11:07 First bus announcing flame is coming arrives

But soon after we are told the torch will be 30 mins late

11:20 Helicopter flypast

11:33 1st Police Motorcade

12:00 2nd Police motorcade followed by Olympic bus - at this point everyone thought that was it and were very disappointed with some starting to leave

This was followed by the olympic buses

12:15 3rd Police motorcade comes through followed by more buses and this time, yes, the torch comes through at last :slight_smile: followed by more police and buses

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2151950175394.63241.1745602288&type=1&l=53c5c4deb3
I was lucky enough to catch the torch for a second time as I headed back to the Falmouth Hotel taking a shorter route than the flame.

Sorry, don’t know how to add photos!!

Ray

Are you able to email the image or is it too big?

Hi Tez, great to meet you and Sam at the rally. Not sure Jess knew what to  make of Sam, as he sat so quiet and distinguished doing his RNLI duty, whilst she bounced and yapped around as daft spaniels do Big Smile. We did see him off duty, taking some time out later on, in persuit of you and packed picnic hamper - well he’s only human! 

Hope to catch up with you both again some time.  This was a nice pic of  ‘Sam on duty’. 

Hello and Thanks I am glad you had a great time, and it was great to see Jess too. I hope we can all meet up soon have lots of fun with your five all the best Tez and Sam and thanks for the picture its great.

I’ve uploaded some photos here http://s920.photobucket.com/albums/ad42/BruceM_2010/SpringRally/ . Hope you enjoy them, great to meet so many of you, sorry I didn’t hook up with everyone I wanted to.

Just to share a moment with you all about the effects of our club.

Showed the photos I’d taken of the rally to a pupil in school today who is very relutant to speak, had the best conversation with him ever. He spoke most about MX Brat’s cars Smile, & then the number of cars. Awesome, it made my day, so thanks to you all for having such brilliant cars, Big Smile Thumbs up

Hi Liz,

pm sent.

Hi Bruce, just found it Shock

Pity we’re not running a caption competition, otherwise you could guess what I’ve said to Liz to produce that expression!

Can’t work out how to input pictures, found the image button and it opens a window and wants an URL!

Have a look here http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/forums/t/12388.aspx and at the link in that post.

You promised me Piskies in Cornwall Dog

But the pesky piskies won’t come out to play …Dog

Any wonder !

‘Best of the West Run’ at Lands End

We can only repeat what else has been said about the rally organisation and the superb location but one other thing…

The runs…we managed to do the ‘Best Of the West’ on Friday (hilarious watching people “plodging” across the causeway at St Michael’s Mount as the tide came in faster than anticipated, wonder if the lady who dropped her shoes into the sea has managed to dry them out yet  Big Smile) and then the Roseland Peninsular on Saturday afternoon once that sporty mob had cleared the area’. Simply superb and took us to places we would never have found in a million years. Well done folks!

We agree with everything that’s been said so far - a great rally in a superb setting.  Thanks to all that organised it and thanks for the runs, we did “A” and “D” together on Saturday and saw some beautiful places and had a lovely day’s driving and exploring parts of Cornwall we’d not been to before.

I’ve uploaded my photos to Facebook so feel free to click here to have a look.  If anyone wants larger and/or unedited versions let me know.

Thanks again to the Cornish 5s for a really successful rally.