Spring Rally - your questions.

Any news on what is happening Saturday other than the dinner ?

What drives are being planned ?

Thanks Alan, I had been hanging on in case they were in STHT but as the magazine is delayed at the producers it’s a good question.

The drives are pretty much always published 2-3 weeks before events - allowing for final checks to routes and any attractions on the way. I know the Peaks and Pennines team are working on the final bits at the moment.

We have the Site meeting this weekend for the walk through and any specific information about the day is finalised over that meeting or in the days following and all will all be coming out shortly, but the main arrival information, times and directions are all in the coming STHT 

Bump!

Peter, think they will have them ready tomorrow I have seen the drafts the route thread will be added just as soon as they are all ready to go.

Thanks Ian, getting lots of interest and we know there are great roads around there.

Possibly a bit of a weird question, but what do most people do about giving their cars a quick clean on arrival?

My Roadster’s going to be on the Mazdamenders stand, and while it’ll be clean when I set off I’m pretty sure it won’t be when I arrive!

Some folk bring their own buckets and water

Nearest pressure washer is at

Shell
Holland Common
Sheffield Rd,
Barnsley
S74 0DP

3.5 Miles away

Cheers for that Iain, pressure washer (followed by a once over with some quick detailer) seems like the most convenient option.

Looking forward to seeing you at the rally, you can be reunited with your old Mk2!

Yes there is a £5 hand wash on Upper Wortley Road just above the turn to Thorpe Hesley

Thanks for letting me know! Sadly I’ve always had bad results from hand wash places and ended up redoing it myself once I get home so I think I’ll go with Iain’s suggestion 

Seems like its going to be raining anyway, so might get a natural wash… 

well thanks for the Jolly outlook

The sun will be shining (hopefully)

How can I get a printed programme? Please bring your Entry pass and Membership card to the Welcome desks to receive your programme and Rally plaque.

Is an entry pass/hanging plaque required? as i didn’t get one as usual with my STHT, or is it ‘just’ membership card.

The instructions are in the magazine on how to get there and what’s needed. Pages 6 and 7 

Hi Ian

I think I’m marshalling will we get fluorescent tops or should I bring my own. 

Terry

Hi Terry,

Just spoken to Mal on the same thing. We have a big Marquee and their is the House and a few other covered displays, and yes there is space for Area shelters.

But we can’t do as before with the Area stands at this rally, but there is going to be space but no early access so they can be brought along and set up once the gates are open.

Looking forward to the weekend I hope the weather holds

Can i put and order in for the sun to be playing nice.

M-m