Sunday 18 September Billing Aquadrome - chat thread -

Can we just turn up on the 18 September in our MX-5 for free entry to the National Rally, or do we have to pre-request an entry ticket?

Yes, you can just turn up in your MX5 and enjoy free entry to the National Rally Big Smile

This is probably the daftest question, but as I have no shame I shall ask it.

I have booked to camp at Billing on the Friday and Saturday. Will I need to exit the site to be readmitted to the Rally? Sort of out one door and in the other. Or can I take a leisurely drive from the camping bit to the Rally bit?

Told you it was daft. So there. Confused

C

Hi Chris,

The camping site at Billing Aquadrome is in the field adjacent to the Rally - so you can take a leisurely STROLL, all of 1 minute Big Smile 

We shall even send a bus down to Billing on Saturday evening, to take you to the supper at The Marriott and bring you back again Party

Ken Stanbury.  Northampton Area Coordinator

Excellent, Ken. All I need now is a lift to the pub quiz on Friday so I can have a beer and I’ll be laughing!Beer

C

what time does it all get going on the sunday as im thinking of driving up from bournemouth

Is there any one else going from this area ?

Hi Spud,

Parking at Billing opens from 08.00hrs and the Lord Mayor of Northampton officially opens the Rally at 10.00hrs

However, please note that members who wish to enter the “Show 'n Shine” competitions need to be parked in the competition area by 10.00hrs

Looking forward to seeing you and all our Wessex chums on 17th/18th September Big Smile

Ken Stanbury.  Northampton Area Co-ordinator

Spud, I am going up from Bournemouth but I will be going Friday evening so that I can be there for the Saturday & Sunday. Not sure if any others from the Wessex area are going up but will hopefully see you there.

where you staying phil ?

At friends near Silverstone.

oh right ,do you know if anyone else from this area will be going up ?

Not sure who else from the Wessexarea is going. If I here of anyone I will let you know.

Please note that all tickets will be distributed as soon as they arrive from the printers which should be any day now.

We also have 31 trade stands which will have a wide ranging appeal and hopefully have something of interst for everyone.

Just a quick question re sat nights dinner / disco. Has there been a menu published yet ?

I’m afraid that the menu has not yet been published, but is likely to be standard three options plus a vegetarian.

Time

got day off… im inBig Smile

a question will the car parking for the mx5 be easy enough to get off site early?? I am planning on coming and attending the japfest show at santa pod?? if came and wanted to leave i wont be stuck in or not allowed to move my veichle???

We are arranging the parking so that vehicles can move / leave at any time.  There is easy access from the parking area to roadways that take you to the exit of Billing Aquadrome. 

Having only just collected my 5 and returned to the fold so to speak - I will be there on the Sunday - be good to get back into the ‘family’. Only live in MK so will travel up on the day - is there anything I need to know about attending on the Sunday i.e. need to book etc? Oh and do I need to be a fully paid up member to attend? Fully intend to be - just not got round to it yet :slight_smile:

Hi Andy, welcome back Big Smile

You don’t have to book to attend the Rally, nor be a fully paid up member (although there will be a chance for you to join on the day).  However, if you intend to enter any of the “show 'n shine” competitions or the Autotest (highly recommended!) then you will need to book.  Booking forms are downloadable on the National Rally website.

Looking forward to seeing you and your new ride on18trh September Big Smile