Sunday 18 September Billing Aquadrome - chat thread -

Thanks - excellent - - bit soon to be entering ‘show and shine’ See you on the 18th Big Smile

So this is open for non members to attend as well? And free in an Eunos? Approximately how many people are you expecting?

ive just joind the mx5 owners and i got my free to enter card for club members its like a do not disturb card you put on the hotel door when your playing away LOL

Yes, free entry to Billing Aquadrome to all Eunos / Miata / MX5 cars and we hope that you will be minded to join the Club as a result.  The last two National Rallies have attracted over 1000 cars and we have no reason to expect any less this year Big Smile

Ken Stanbury.  Northampton Area Coordinator

Sounds like an offer I can’t refuse that does :slight_smile:

1000+ MX5s!  I can just imagine it - coming back to the car park after visiting the burger stand, trade stands, driving comps, shine-and-show bits, cake stand etc and trying to find your own car - at least 1/2 of them will be red…

Hunted everywhere and cannot find the answer to this question:

I plan to turn up on the Sunday and pay for Membership there and then.  But how does one pay?  Cheque, cash, credit/debit card, direct debit, chocolate buttons?

We plan to just turn up on Sunday, if we can, in the 5 of course.

I too would like to know if I need a booking form completed beforehand, or can I pay on the day.

Also do I need to be a fully paid up member to attend.

Sorry we can’t make the whole weekend really but family commitments prevent us, next one hopefully.

Mick

Hi Both

Don’t know all the answers. But you can join “On line” to night. Just go to the home page click on “Club” on he top line then look on the right and you will see “Join Now”.

Regards

Julian

As far as I can tell - no booking form required beforehand.  Anybody in a MX5 - any version - can turn up. Not clear what happens if your turn up in an alternative car - different parking place perhaps?  Looks like there will be some sort of stand - one for members to sign in and another for would-be members to sign up.  You do not need to be a fully-paid up member to attend.

You don’t need to be a member to attend the Rally; entry to Billing Aquadrome is free for all MX5s and also non - MX5s, upon showing a valid membership card.  You don’t need to book to attend the rally, but you do need to be a member and book for the evening dos.  You should book to reserve a go in the autotest, but if places are available on the day, those who have not booked will probably get to have a go.  Upon arrival, members can register and collect their “goodie bag”, non-members can join the club and then go to collect their goodie bag.  Payment can be made by credit card, direct debit, cheque, cash - but not chocolate buttons, nor jelly beans.  Only members can enter the show 'n shine competitions and you will need to pre-book for the Concours competition (so that original specs can be researched)

I hope that clarifies and covers all the questions that have been asked.

Ken Stanbury - Northampton Area Co-ordinator

It does - thanks

Thanks for your time in explaining.

Will get my membership sorted beforehand.Thumbs up

Mick

Hi, I wondered if anyone was attending on Sunday from North London, Tottenham, Harringay, Seven Sisters area, that might do might a favour and pick something up for me ad bring it along to Billing?

Hi Jack, I raised this one myself a while back, with so many sporting events at weekends it seems they can’t avoid them all. Disappointed with last year’s event after the anniversary one the year before and should have gone to Goodwood then but this one is too good to miss, we’ve booked the morning on track plus tuition so really looking forward to the weekend.

I’ll be there - looking forward to it… Hope the weather’s like today…

I haven’t sent my booking form off, as I have nothing to pay for it that’s listed on it. Do the organisers want them back for an idea of numbers attending?

Hi Dan,

You don’t need to send the booking form off unless you are booking for a paying event, or entering the competitions.

Ken Stanbury.  Northampton Area Coordinator

Quick and hopefully easy question…
Is the plan to park up at Billing in the order in which we arrive i.e. which would allow regions to stick together (as happened at Chatsworth) or by Mark (as happened in Kent this year)?
If we are separated by Mark then there doesn’t seem much point in having regional meeting points beforehand and arriving together.
(I’m happy for either way as long as we know before the big day!)

Understand that there is a Honda Goldwing Rally at Billing as well that weekend, I might just be tempted to go over and have a look, I hope that they do likewise.