The biggest impact on you, musically

All this is really very interesting but it does lead myself to asking what is the average age of an mx5 owner? Most of the stuff mentioned above is way before my time & I am nearly 60!!!

1 Like

You little pup :joy:

Didn’t have the time to enjoy a 5 until I was approaching retirement at 65. Bought my first NB in 2013 and now still own my 2nd and 3rd cars, a 2005 2.5 1.8lt and a 2012 3.5 1.8lt. 71 years of age and living the dream! (Apart from being locked up for a year, of course). :smile:

1 Like

In my late '40’s/'50’s I was driving Pug 205 GTI
In my '60’s I was driving Civic Type R’s
I got my ND SE-L NAV in 2015 - I was 71yoa and my ND 30AE in 2019 when I was 75yoa
So yep, compared with me you are young - lucky you! :+1:

1 Like

It is amazing how music can have an impact, you here a pice of music and it can transport you back in time. As a fourteen year old I was not really into music then one evening at a mates house I sat and listened to Elton John’s “Madman across the water” (not one of his best known albums) with Bernie Taupins lyrics and arrangements by Paul Buckmaster I was hooked. Within to years I was running mobile disco’s, working in nightclubs and 12 years on hospital radio. A collection of some 10000 singles and 300+ albums which included the complete works of Elton (sad) and still today music can still take me back to a place and time and now I am sadly a 62.

4 Likes

Not Sadly! With a lot of happy memories and a lot of time to capture more!!

2 Likes

Quite…
As I awoke this evening with the smell of wood smoke clinging
Like a gentle cobweb hanging upon a painted tepee
Oh I went to see my Chieftain with my warlance and my woman
For he told us that the Yellow Moon would very soon be leaving
I think I know every lyric off by heart on that album.

2 Likes

As I said in the post, not his best known but in my humble opion it is the best lyrically and musically. I am just off to put it on the turntable…

1 Like

I just don’t believe it! A 19th century Sea Shanty is No.1 in the British Charts!! All is not lost then!!! :+1:
“Wellerman” by Nathan Evans (an ex-postie from Airdrie). Be sure to catch a cover version by Gingertail, it’s (she’s) brilliant!

We in this household have reviewed both versions of this song and the overwhelming opinion is that Gingertails version is far superior.

1 Like

Blimey, yes I vaguely recall an old car in there. Was it a Roller?
One time we were hovering around the bar area and John Mayall himself was sat there with a half lager reading something.

Alina Gingertail. Her real name is Alina Permina. I’ve been doing some searching and watching online videos and I reckon that she is one of the most talented singers and MULTI instrumentalists around, really. A really big musical impact on me! :+1: :+1: :+1:
PS: She looks nice too! :grin: She’s beautiful! :heart:

She certainly does play a few instruments but you didn’t mention her cat?

1 Like

Well i love music so to many to say ! depends on my mood really, but everything from Metalica to Matt Munro , nothing better than top down sunnyday an some tunes playng

1 Like

That’s probably because as I’m owned by a cat I take them for granted! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Corrected for accuracy.
We have 2. :zipper_mouth_face:

4 Likes

Oh yes! That’s REAL dominance! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

My ‘owner’. She’s tiny but determined :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

5 Likes

Maybe the next thread could be, The animal that had the biggest impact on you. :thinking:

2 Likes

That would be this one…

1 Like