The Silverstone Classic 23rd-25th July 2010

Silverstone Classic 2010 - The Worlds Biggest Classic Car Event!<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

After the fine showing of 220 cars in 2009 the MX-5 Owners Club has again been invited to attend The Silverstone Classic’s 2010 event, which runs from 23rd to the 25th July, thus firmly establishing our marquee as a “modern classic”.<o:p></o:p>

Last year’s event was attended by a record 65,500 people, making it Silverstone’s second largest event after the Grand Prix.  Many enthusiasts consider it better than a GP, since visitors are free to walk around the pits, inspect the cars and chat with their owners.  We were even allowed to wander around the pit lane stand on the pit wall to watch the races – just like in the good old days of Grand Prix!<o:p></o:p>

The first key ingredient of this event is a feast of world class nostalgic motor racing,  across all decades from the 1920s to the 1990s, featuring over 700 classic racing cars, including such great names as Ferrari, Maserati, ERA and Auto Union; Bentley, Jaguar, Aston Martin and Porsche; Cooper, Tyrell, March, and Lotus, all competing in 21 races over the 3 days, including a Le Mans style dusk race.  The Silverstone Classic is not totally historic, as it includes more contemporary races, such as Group C, Saloons, Super Touring Cars and late Formula One cars being raced and seen in their appropriate surroundings.<o:p></o:p>

The second key ingredient is the great assembly of classic cars from the extensive list of over 80 Owners’ Clubs across the UK and overseas; over 4000 cars were on display across the event period in 2009.  <o:p></o:p>

Things to look forward to at this years event.<o:p></o:p>

?         Friday & Saturday Evening Rock Concert.<o:p></o:p>

?         Race Commentary by Murray Walker<o:p></o:p>

?         Live TV broadcast on Motors TV.<o:p></o:p>

?         Motorcycle Stunt Display Team<o:p></o:p>

?         Parade Lap Of the Circuit<o:p></o:p>

?         Funfair<o:p></o:p>

?         Air Displays<o:p></o:p>

To ensure that you can drive your car right inside the circuit and park on the MX-5 Owners Club stand, it is advisable to book early.  Bookings can be made direct to the organisers at Silverstone.<o:p></o:p>

For those of you wishing to camp over the weekend there is a dedicated MX5OC site at the Whittlebury Park campsite. Located behind the racing circuit with there own access, it is only a 10 minute walk to the action. Just mention you are a MX-5 Owners Club member when making you booking. Contact the camping department on 01327 850000.<o:p></o:p>

For events tickets contact the Silverstone Classic booking office on 08712 310849. Remember to use booking code SC10MX5 when placing your order.<o:p></o:p>

Advanced Special Club Member Prices - Prices Are Per Car (Cost includes two adult tickets and one car pass)<o:p></o:p>

Available to 31st March      Available to 30th June         Purchased At The Gate<o:p></o:p>

Friday Pass                           £20.00                   £25.00                   £40<o:p></o:p>

Saturday Pass                      £30.00                   £35.00                   £50<o:p></o:p>

Sunday Pass                         £30.00                   £35.00                   £50<o:p></o:p>

3 Day Pass                            £70.00                   £80.00                   £120<o:p></o:p>

Free and exclusive Club Display Area for MX-5 Owners<o:p></o:p>

All public car parks, grandstand seating and central paddock transfers are Free<o:p></o:p>

Children under 5 admitted for free, aged 6-16 for £5.<o:p></o:p>

All tickets are required to be ordered by the closing date of 30th June.<o:p></o:p>

Please check the MX5OC forum for updates. For more information email peter.jakeways@mx5oc.co.uk

Got to say its one of the best show ive ever been to, and I wasn’t even on your stand i came with my dad xk jag club and dumped my baby jag as they called it on there stand. was epic day and will hopfully going next year

I recomend that everyone buy’s there tickets over the phone as the SeeTicket website is very confusing.

Ordered my 3 day ticket so will see you there Peter.

Hi pjgrey

Yes we will be there for our fourth year!!!Big Smile

It was great to see so many MX’s there last year and it goes from strength to strength each year and if you need any help like last year let us know.

Regards

Jeff and Debzi

Caerleon South Wales

looks like my dad book me tickets with the jag club :frowning: poo

would you guys mind if i came over to you ?

I think that I shall be flag marshalling at this event, so if your OC area is nearer to my flag point than the official marshals’ car park is, can I park my 2009 Mk3.5 with yours??!!

Trevor

Just to reinforce Peter comments about buying tickets. DO IT OVER THE PHONE!  I used the website, and the club code, f and it sold me 1 ticket for the cost of 2.!

And make sure you know what you want when you phone as well.  Ask for the MX5 Owners club special offer and use the Club code as in the first post.

Also note that costs above do not include booking fees which add about another £5.00 to the 3 day pass cost.

Does the fact that I’ve used the booking code mean I’ll automaticaly get a pass to get my car in the gate and onto the stand?

Robbie, I have been for the last three years, always booked tickets using the MX-5 Club booking code and that has always given me tickets/pass to access to the club stand with the car usually situated somewhere on the infield. When you book as I remember you give your registration number for them to issue the pass. From what i understand this year it would appear that it will be a first come first serve due to the number of owners clubs attending. I am sure Peter (Jakeways) will confirm this at some time on the forum. (Hope I’m right)

Due to the overwhelming interest in this years Silverstone Classic, there will be a quota set for each club. I would advise anyone thinking of going to book ASAP, to avoid being left in the car park!

Hi PJGREY

We booked a few weeks ago for two cars again this year and they said that they were much more  busy this year than this time last year.

Regards

Jeff 

Booked tickets yesterday, also camping (just feed a large shoe horn to pack everything in).

Booked over the phone and its £34.40 inc postage fee???

Still some places left on the OC stand at 11:45am today.

Booked over the phone just now. £77 inc. booking fees for a 3-day pass for me and the lad.

See you there!

Booked on Friday for Saturday, didn’t get refused so I assume there are still some places left!

Fingers crossed we get the same weather as last year.

Just booked mine this morning no problem. Just got to get the day off work!!!

Sounds like hype to me. Just bought my 3 day pass. No mention of space problems, club allocation nearly full or anything similar.

Probably room for your entire fleet then, Doug. Smile