Thoresby Park Classic Car & Motorcycle Show

Only noticed today that this is on over the Bank Holiday weekend…
Classic Car & Motorcycle Show at Thoresby Park, Nottinghamshire.
Thinking of going on Monday, though would have probably gone tomorrow but now having my 2nd Covid-19 jab at 12.45 on Sunday…!
Anyone else going?
Rob

1 Like

thanks for the “heads up”, :+1:
might have a ride thru’ tmora if mrsB has nothing lined up :red_car: :red_car: :red_car:

1 Like

Nice one. Definitely worth considering. Will have to approach the boss and see what we’ve got planned :+1:

Great show at Thoresby today… Started off cloudy, but soon got sunny and very warm…! :slight_smile:
Here are some MX-5’s seen during the day… :slight_smile:
Rob

1 Like

And the not MX-5 pics I randomly took…! Hope you Mx-5OC member’s don’t mind seeing so many non '5 pics…!
Rob

4 Likes

What a cracking day for wandering around a load of classic cars. I had hoped to nip over as it’s not far from me but I attended a similar show at Rutland yesterday so I’d used up my weekend pass :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
Thanks for sharing your pics. :+1:

1 Like

Really hacked off to have missed this especially as I only live ten minutes away. Annoyingly we were told he event had been cancelled so didn’t look out for it :cry::cry::cry:

Sorry you missed it… I only found out it was on when driving nearby on Saturday evening… Is only 25 minutes or so away from me too, but as I only moved to the area reasonably recently, I’m not sure of the different locations where these meets take place…! Are there many places up here regularly holding car meets? Thanks.
Rob

Hi Rob, I think the Thoresby show is the biggest in the area however, there are a number of smaller “gatherings” throughout the year. I believe one is held now annually in Clumber park. The Sheffield Steam club hold a rally in North Anston which includes classic bikes and cars, this is a show that seems to be growing in size every year. There is also a show at Grimethorpe castle, Baston some time in July/August. I also believe there is another show planned for Thoresby in October.

Best thing to do is just use good old Google and keep an out, with current climate who knows what’s on and what’s not.

John

1 Like

One I get to every year, so far it’s on for this year, do check though closer to the date.

http://www.carsinthepark.com/

1 Like

That looks like a good one and thanks for the heads up! :slight_smile:
Rob

Rob, I have just seen the signage for this years Sheffield Steam And Classic car show, so it looks like it is going ahead. It is due to be held on the 26th & 27th June. It will be held on Rackford rd, North Anston.

It’s not a huge show but is generally a good day out, if the weather is good. Unfortunately I can not make it this year, assuming we are not locked down again I am taking the other half away for a few day in sunny Devon.

1 Like

Thanks for that… I might check in on that one if it’s a nice day! :slight_smile:
Nothing like the smell of a good steam engine up and running…!
I image you might stumble upon something going on down in Devon when you visit later this month…! :slight_smile:
Rob

Anyone going to this tomorrow or Monday?

I’m hoping to visit, though not sure whether it will be on Sunday or Monday yet…!

Rob

Think the weather’s supposed to be better tomorrow, but the Grand Prix is on :thinking:

I could be attending that show depending on family visiting that day. Not seen them for ages so looking forward to that but they may change plans and come another day.

Hi Nick, I’m hoping to get over on Monday.
Looking forward to it.
:+1:

Yep, hoping to there tomorrow :pray:

Think I’ll head there tomorrow too :+1: