To buy or not to buy?

OK - when I got my A it was red with red sills, so I presume that was how they came. I had some sill work done and the sills were repainted black. I wanted to get them repainted red to get the car back to “standard”. Oh well, I sold the car in January and it was more standard than I thought :smiley:

Just had a look on google and you are right, most have black sills!

2 Likes

“Oh my, that is too cute. How could you resist that little face?”.
Translated for you, from the voice in my head.

1 Like

That has happened in this house a few times.
Cars & Cats.

2 Likes

You could restore it as a Tipo 184.

No MOT £750 is strong money for that but if solid in the weak areas (where they rot) then I guess it could be ok.:+1:

I love the story of abandoned cars on driveways. The one I’m looking at hasn’t been started for 10 years and been sitting in one place for 23 years. What a story. No wonder it’s only got 15,000 miles on the clock!

Ant

1 Like

Just down the street from me is a Ford Probe that hasn’t seen an MOT since 2012, Looks in a similar state to the car in this thread, pop-up headlights too, Shame I don’t like Fords…

One of my neighbours has a 1982 Mercedes 280SE which has not moved in almost thirty years. But it is clean and polished with air in the tyres, and always looks immaculate.
I forget why he stopped using it, but I think there was a major problem with the transmission and it was not worth fixing a ten year old car. So now it is an ornament suggesting someone is home.

4 Likes

Local wedding hire company close by have had a ( was) lovely RR in their yard for over 40 years going nowhere. I think it was a metallic dark blue with a cream roof…but it’s all various shades of green now with a smashed screen.
Some people should not be allowed nice things.

1 Like

Nooooo!

1 Like

He’s an arrogant sod mate. About 1985 ish back, he & wife bought identical Capri 2.8is.
She pranged hers on the nose…not badly at all. Easy fix as they were. I offered them for it…refused. 5k on the clock apparently. It’s never moved.
Now it has a tree growing out of it.

Should be laws against it!

1 Like

The Ford Probe is mostly Mazda (60% MX6)

1 Like

I’m sorry but I can’t get an Alan Partridge type voice out of my head “I’m driving a Probe”:wink:

Well she’s purchased and home and looks very solid! Being in a covered corner for 23 years has paid off! Let the fun begin! New battery bought and 4 lovely tyres today as a start! All you mk1 owner may get bored of my questions!

17 Likes

Brilliant! Congratulations, and I hope you have a lot of fun with it!

1 Like

That’s excellent. Ask anything and everything. I have restored my 1.8is.

1 Like

It’s my next lockdown Quiz prize!
Only joking it won’t fit in a Jiffy bag! Haha

1 Like

Ha, Ha! I think that one might be a bit too big to sit on my desk alongside the other little model that I won from you?!!!

Unless you sit in it in your office and have the computer on the dash! Just saying!

Ant