To buy or not to buy?

Ha, Ha! I like your thinking, but my ‘office’ is in an upstairs bedroom - so it could be a bit of a challenge getting it up the stairs?!!

It’s ok I’ll turn it into 4WD!

Have a good day

23 years with a cap on! Was expecting worse than this.

6 Likes

Looks great

Hi A,
Another coincidence!
I also watched a MK1 which had been in a garden for 9 years, and the owner wanted a similar price.
I said it may take a lot of money to get working, and gave him £500.

New:
Tyres.
All filters, and oils.
Front brake discs, and pads. I tried the rusty rear ones through the MOT, and they worked ok.
Rear screen, sown in by a sailmaker.
I cleaned and rust proofed as much of the underneatht as I could.
Water pump.
Perhaps £1000?

I’ve never seen the plugs or points.
I haven’t touched the paintwork.
Passes the MOT.
Makes me smile, and looking forward to being allowed out of lockdown, with the hood down.

Best of luck.
Camerart!

3 Likes

Thank you. This gives me confidence in the process. Can’t believe how solid this car is! Don’t think I’ll want to sell it! Haha

1 Like

Might be worth giving the bolts a squirt of WD40 before you attempt to loosen them though!

2 Likes

How satisfying to get rid of 23 years of dirt and find a solid car with a lovely interior and not a single dent or scratch!
Enjoy!
Ant

9 Likes

Tyres going on Tuesday to get it rolling well.

2 Likes

Anybody know a good red restorer polish/ t cut type product?

Thanks

T-Cut.

1 Like

My friend recently purchased the 3 products below in one kit and gave to me as a gift and lent me his detailing buffer kit.

Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound
Meguiar’s Ultimate Car Polish
Meguiar’s Wax

Rather than doing by hand my friend bought a budget detailing alternative system listed below…

I recently borrowed this from my friend and got really good results. The compound isn’t too aggressive, so a good starter kit.

Looks like a smashing car.
Good luck

2 Likes

Thank you

£44.00 on Amazon BTW.
EuroCarParts are really at it these days.

3 Likes

Well done you! :+1: Looks like you’ve got yourself a winner! :+1: :grin: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Told you it just needs a wash…

…and a tickle here and there.:+1:

Your damn right. Brand new tyres going on Tuesday. The big reveal of the hood and check all electrics with a new battery. Waiting for my mechanic before I first turn the key all the way!

3 Likes

What a find…

1 Like

That little car looks like a fantastic find - well done!
I have used Turtle Wax Colour Magic to good effect before - might be worth a try - you can buy one specifically for red paintwork.
Can’t wait to see some more photos after you have polished it!

1 Like

Interesting to see that they only made this model for 12 months!