To buy or not to buy?

I think she wants her mould back. Chilly out there this morning!

2 Likes

Looks like a very nice find that.

No registration plates and a paper floor covering with Japanese text on it, was it ever even registered or driven in the UK?

Hello mate.

Just had temporary insurance to get it back from a Dublin Auction in 1998! Only ever had 1 UK MOT then left as a show piece for 23 years. Previous owner had all the V55 ready but never did it.
When I register it I assume it will be a J plate being early 92! 15,100 miles

Anybody good at rough estimates of its value if i do it to show room standard?

Anthony

Wow, that’s pretty amazing really!

I’d estimate £800-£1000. I’ll give you that now if you like to save you the work :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Ok I’ll rephrase that. how much would you sell it for?

1 Like

Not exactly the case.

The steering wheels indicates what was called a base model (it appears to be the rubber non-Momo type), but factory treads are fitted. Auto 1.6 models were made from the get-go; the second Eunos Roadster made in 1989 was an automatic.

On the driver’s B-piller, if this car is a post-Sept. 1991 car, there will be a sticker, listing out the specs. If the later type, the VIN will be NA6CE-2xxxxx, the power window switch will be a “push-pull” type, not push-push style, there will be a rear subframce brace.

Japanese spec sheet for this Model Year

https://im56tqxkllpnhfa57atgji476u-jj2cvlaia66be-do-da-co-jp.translate.goog/sun-mec/na62/img/kkkk_0.png

If I understand this correctly, on the door sticker, you will see N022.

By the second half and 1.6 production, the range was simplified to eliminate the Base and S-Package distinction. The Momo steering wheel was an optional extra.

Check the seat beck pockets; sometimes paperwork is shoved down those.

https://im56tqxkllpnhfa57atgji476u-jj2cvlaia66be-do-da-co-jp.translate.goog/sun-mec/na62/img/llll_0.png

If polished up, if sound and mechanically functional, £5k. At the same time, show this thread to the previous owner.

I’m rubbish at valuing cars, so I’d probably be happy with the £1000 :wink:

In all seriousness, it’s got to a a £3-£4K car hasn’t it? Maybe more if it is a really rot free tidy example. Looks to be a nice original example and these seems to becoming more and more desirable. The ATX is a nice querk too.

2 Likes

It’s an NA6CE-1#####.

Thanks for you thoughts and advice

Was thinking similar Robbie…give or take thanks to the public’s inbuilt negatives as I have experienced being an Auto owner of 14 years.
Silly, but it’s out there. There’s a reason why Mazda made them…and sold the lot. :wink:

I’ve enjoyed all these years with my slusher out of need than choice thanks to dodgy spine…which has now been cured!

To get top dollar (whatever that is really) Ant’s car is really going to have to be 95 points I’d wager.
I’ve so far thrown 4.5k at mine over 2 years £600.00 this month alone, but I’d not expect more than £2.5-3k for it. It’ll always be a “15 foot” car…but useable.
I’d be looking for £3.7k up if it was a stick shift.

1 Like

What a fabulous thread and what a find - really uplifting in these rotten times. Look forward to updates. A real case of “he who dares, Rodney”!

1 Like

The clean up continues and tried the first bit of spit and polish on front right wing.

2 Likes

Style of power window switch?

Early style (and all Europe, US Mk1)

Later style (mid 1991)

Pre-mid 91 rear subframe

Post-mid 91 rear subframe with factory brace

VIN sticker on B-piller. This is for a mid-1992 build car, with brave blue mica paint (5N) and cream leather interior

Check the VIN; its not a manufacturer’s database, so has gaps.

1 Like

This was my 1.6 auto! Lovely car TBH. The other red car with 27 on it, was my supercharged 1.6, which I’d just sold! Not to buy the auto, which was an interim purchase and one of the only cars I made a profit on! Very nice to drive, used to hold it in 2nd round the tight twisting bends over the North York’s Moors! Would keep up with anything on those type of roads. :+1:
Barrie

Barrie

4 Likes

That was supposed to be a State Secret. Nippy wee boogers eh?
The great unwashed with these pesky clutches have no idea! :smiley:

2 Likes

Boot done. Cleaned all access points I think. Number plate lights look fine. Battery on with positive off til I get to that point. Hopefully will remain dry if was leaking. The moisture was probably an unopened lid for 10 years plus!

4 Likes

It looks in a good state, apart from the faded paint… have fun getting it sorted

Went back to see the other 10 cars that the person had in their garden with the little eunos and found this camouflage car!

Another great story. Bought for their daughter for her 21st then she moved to Oz and car never used. Daughter apparently is now 45! Beetles don’t really do it for me. This one is 1975. History as long as your arm.

What it looked like before the bramble set in
But maybe…with a bit of work!

1 Like

That could be worth a few bob.

A mate of mine once came across two beat up Beetles abandoned in a quarry and realised that between the two of them, he could make one good car, which he promptly did. I think he took tools to the quarry and did all the work there.
I have no idea what he did about legality but that was long before the days of computers and anpr