UPDATE 03/02/23 'Night with the Stars' at Clanfield Observatory 14th March 2023

Night with the Stars at Clanfield Observatory visit Tuesday 14th March 2023
Situated at Hinton Heights, on the Portsmouth Water Company’s reservoir at the top of Hinton Manor Lane, is the Clanfield Observatory. Owned and operated by the Hampshire Astronomical Group, the observatory has for over thirty years been the focus of the group’s activities and a local landmark. The picture below shows the layout of the complex including the five domes currently on site and the group’s support building.
Start time of 19.30pm to finish about 21.00. = a total duration of 1.5 hours. This would include a tour of two domes, viewing the Moon and Planets and more (if the sky is clear) and a talk about our solar system and /or universe.
The evenings start with a presentation on visitors’ safety. This is followed with an observing session using our telescopes and binoculars, and the evening will finish with a short-illustrated talk.
In the event of bad weather, the event will still go ahead with an observatory tour, and the talk. Please remember that the temperature can fall quickly after dark, especially in the mid-winter months, so your choice of clothing and footwear should be dictated by warmth and comfort rather than fashion! Visitors should also view our helpful Safety Information (attached), which contains useful advice on how to prepare for your visit to the observatory.
Please arrange to be at Morrisons Supermarket, Lakesmere Road, Horndean in time to leave sharp at 19:00 for the short journey to the Observatory, this will then allow us to park and be ready for the start of the tour.

The group size is restricted to a minimum of 12 people with a maximum of 30, cost £10 pp to be paid no later than 14th February 2023, please therefore can you make your payments when booking your space to PayPal malrowland21@gmail.com sending as friend/family.

Mal & Serena truly look forward to seeing all for this very different and wonderful experience.

We have a list!
John & Patricia (paid)
Howard & Julie (paid)
Brian & Josie ( paid)
David & Jacky (paid)
Ron & Angela (paid)
Doug & Christine (paid)
Chris & Jue (paid)
Tim (paid)
Mal & Serena (paid)
Jason & Kat (paid)
Jules (paid)
Helen G x 2 (paid)
Mark & Laura (paid)
Malcolm & Pat (paid) money passed onto Mal Rowland 02/02/23

2 Likes

Hi Patricia & John, Yes, Serena and I are definately up for a “Night with the Stars” at Clanfield Observatory.
Best Regards
Mal

1 Like

Hi John and Patricia
Please put us down to attend this. Sounds like a very interesting evening.
Howard and Julie

1 Like

Yes please Brian and Josie……

1 Like

Hi John and Patricia

Kat and I are both up for this, if you can put our names down please.

Thank you

Jason & Kat

1 Like

Thank you all who have confirmed spaces and payments to date

Have made payment also
Regards
Howard & Julie

Hi please can I put me as a definite and Graeme as a possibility as he may be away skiing but cant confirm , happy to pay his deposit if required but will wait till nearer deadline so i may know more by then . :blush: thanks xJ

1 Like

Yes please x 2, we won’t bother to go to morrisons as the observatory just up the road :blush:

Thanks Howard, money recived

as at 11/01/23
We now have 14 confirmed, the maximum we can have have is 30…

Hi.
Would like to go, but unfortunately can’t do Tuesdays.
Nigel

1 Like

Thats a shame Nigel, as I know you would enjoy a visit to The Observatory :frowning_face:

I shall me attending solo

1 Like

Tm, money received, thank you

Sorry Terry & Diane can’t make this one

Hi John & Pat,

Yep, Angela and I are in for this one, please.

Cheers,

Ron & Angela :sparkles:

1 Like

Hi Patricia & John.

We are up for this.

David & Jacky
(Paid)

1 Like

Hi David, money received.

Hi John and Patricia, please add our names to the list for the observatory visit, will transfer monies in the normal way.
Regards, Doug and Chris Phillips

1 Like