Uploading images guide!

Ive tried see if it works  Cant find the resize bit yet.

Found it i think.

Thank you to the OP for this help! It has solved issues for other Forums I post on.

Sorry it’s not an MX5 but I don’t have any pics yet. Celica TA22GT

That’s going to come out nice!

Yes it is but we had a choice of transport as we were not critically injured. The ambulance took us to Darlington which was nearer to home. We moved house the following day!!!

I had to have surgery on my wrist and Shirley was not looking good as I did the damage to my wrist by hitting her in the face. Big thumbs up for full 6 point harnesses. If I had been wearing the arm restraints (which I always did for competitions) then I think we would have escaped uninjured.

Constructive criticism is always welcome, ta.  I will endeavour to find the button to do it next time, all this tech. is very confusing for the aged!!!

benz3ne…help please.

i have followed your guide (thanks ) managed to get first pic up in my new thread , ( READERS RIDES — MY LATEST 5 )
but following entries then only come up with the link ( no pic )
i have to go back into EDIT where in come up with UPLOAD IMAGE BOX.

what am i doing wrong ???

https://s20.postimg.org/5qoi1ahrh/20170806_142822.jpg

like this…???

Are you pressing the ‘insert/edit image’ button for each photo you’re uploading? :slight_smile: If you don’t, you’ll only be pasting in the link.

Are you pressing the ‘insert/edit image’ button for each photo you’re uploading? :slight_smile: If you don’t, you’ll only be pasting in the link.

when i click on QUICK REPLY there is no box/button to insert.

i have to right click and paste…that brings up the link but no pic.

i then have to go into EDIT , click the image box , paste and pic appears…

i know its me doing summat wrong…aaarrrhhh

Quick reply is for text only. If you scroll just below the box that says ‘quick reply’ you’ll see ‘users browsing this topic’, below that and over the right hand side it says ‘post reply’. Click that and it’ll take you to the full reply box.  Give it a go! 

benz3ne your a star…thanks m8

Geoff, not to complicate things but you could resize your pics on postimage? Its the one that says message board suitable (640x480) or something like that? I was doing what you are and the images are a bit distorted 

Barrie

Anytime my good man. 

I agree with Barrie to some extent; look for the tab saying ‘do not resize image’ at the upload to postimage step, it’ll be a drop-down menu and should give you the option to resize. 640x480 should give a size suitable for both phone and computer. For the guide itself I did as 1024x768 as this shows up great on computers/laptops/tablets. It’s only distorted as the forum doesn’t have the capability of expanding the image when you click on it. On other forums with that feature, larger images pose less of an issue. The 640x480 is a good all-rounder and works great on here.

Hope this helps! 

Deleted by poster.

On your dropbox page, with the relevant photo, right click on the image and select the ‘copy image address’ and try again. If you use the ‘share’ button on dropbox, it’ll try and share the entirety of the page, which cannot be uploaded as a single image. :) 

Edit: I’ve tried it with your image below, resized in the forum as I explain, also below.

hi barrie…
the images look ok to me (on desktop) , if distorted ,are you viewing on your tablet ??

i will try and resize next time…

you know im useless with computers…

You can resize the image as you’re uploading it to the forum! I’ll add this into the guide but here it is for starters;

Edit: you’ll find this in the ‘insert/edit image’ box, under the tab ‘appearance’. Remember the magic ‘640’ for the width and job’s a good’un! It’ll auto-fill the height portion so just press ‘insert’.