** URGENT UPDATE** Valentines Drive and Meal 16th February 2020

Hi Everyone,

For those that have signed up for this event, this update is important!!!

John Wheeler rang me this morning and said he was concerned that there had not been any responses to his post reference the weather warning that has been issued for this coming weekend - Storm Dennis :scream:

John enquired with the venue, as to what would happen if we cancelled Sunday and deferred to another weekend and the venue said they had already bought in food for our Valentines Meal and that there would be a cancellation charge of £10/head.

Given that we have all paid £5/head for the deposit, this would leave £5 to pay for each person if we cancelled.

Having looked ahead at the weather forecast, Storm Dennis is not reckoned to be as fierce as last weekends storm and so we feel that given this, we should go ahead with this event, which has already been planned in and deposits paid. We also think that if people don’t wish to drive their MX5’s in rain and potentially high winds then, that is fine, so bring our your 4x4’s :grinning:

So, John has asked me to post this update and we are very happy for you to reply with your thoughts on this, by this evening, so John can update the venue but basically we are going ahead to avoid disappointment and everyone and the drive will use major roads only (A3 and A272) to get to Midhurst and a close eye will be kept on the up to date weather reports.

Best Regards

Mal & John

Valentines Drive and Meal 16th February 2020

Again for 2020 we have arranged a Valentines Drive to Midhurst with a ‘Special Valentines Lunch’ at the Angel Inn, for 2020 there is a more comprehensive choice for the lunch, which once more will be in the ’Old Court House’ function room.

We have booked for 24, please book early as the February 2019 event was oversubscribed and many were disappointed

Please could you make your choices no later than 16thDecember 2019, from the attached menu along with a £5 deposit for each person, payment for deposit can be paid into my PayPal account.

Meet at Sainsburys Car Park, Hambleton Road, Waterlooville, PO7 7UL for approx 10:00 Tea / Coffee and Toilets can be found at ‘Costa Coffee’, leaving no later than 10:30 for a 1 hr country drive to the Angel Inn, Midhurst

Parking again has been arrange to park in front of the listed building ‘Capron House’ on the ‘Listed Cobbles’, because of restrictions I have made a parking plan, when all arrive we must first enter in the ‘Old Grammar School’ carpark so as to get off the main road.

LIST…

John & Patricia

Mal & Serena

Bernie & Sue

Judy & Tony

Sandra & Kevin

Terry & Diane

Colin & Wysi

Sally & Colin N

Bob & Val

Valerie & Jim

Chrystianne & Debbie

Simon

Sam

Ryan

Ron & Debbie 

Valentines Menu 2020

Sue and I would like to attend this drive/lunch.  Will make our meal choices and post in due course.  I do not have your PayPal account details, can you "pm" me them so that I can pay the deposit?  Many thanks, Bernie

8 places booked already!

Hello John

I’ve transferred from West London to Solent. Kevin and I would love to join this drive and lunch if we may, please.

Could you forward me your PayPal details please and I will make the payment and menu choices in due course?

Kind regards
Sandra

NOW only 11 spaces left, please book ASAP

Hi John.  I’d like to join you for the run and meal.  I’ll send the deposit as requested and could you order me, shin of beef and the cheese board. 

Thanks, Colin.

NOW only 9 spaces left, please book ASAP

Hello John
Please could Kevin and I have the following:

Kevin
Tomato, mozzarella and basil salad
Shin of beef
Chocolate parfait

Me
Chicken chasseur
Red berry fruit salad

Many thanks
Sandra

Hi John, please include Val and Bob and we would like to order,

val ham hock and shin beef

bob soup and shin beef

thanks

Bob

This could be the 2nd response…

Please add Valerie and Jim to the list.

Menu choices and deposit to follow a bit later

Valerie

Hi John,

Thanks for organising this event, please may we have the following food with a few changes for Sally as she has lactose intolerance and will you please pm us your PayPal account details so we can pay you the deposit this morning?

Colin: French Onion Soup, Pan-fried Seabass, Chocolate Parfait

Sally: Salmon & Prawn Cocktail but no sauce, brown bread but no butter, Chicken Chasseur, Red Berry Fruit Salad

Will you please let us know when you want the balence of £40 to be paid to you?

Best wishes,

Colin & Sally

Hi John

Thanks for organising. Will there be a new compilation CD/MP3 for next years drive?

I have sent you a £5.00 deposit via PayPal.

My choices are SD - MG - PK. 

Kind regards

Simon

Hi Simon, pleased to have you along, CD sorted just working on a competition…

Valentines Drive and Meal now fully booked…

HOWEVER 

After looking at the parking and phone call to the Angel Inn, There can be room for 2 more members…

PLEASE REPLY ASAP to book.

Many thanks to Ron & Debbie for taking the last 2 spaces that makes 14 cars 26 members…

Hi Everyone,

Patricia and Me have today (Friday 17th January 2020) checked out the drive route, been to see Sam at the South Downs Trust (Parking at Capron House), and Kate & Georgie at The Angel Inn, all is now in place for the Valentines Drive and Lunch for the 16th February 2020.

Please be on time for the meet up at Sainsburys as we have to be at The Angel Inn for 12:00 with Lunch being served at 12:30… see below

Meet at Sainsburys Car Park, Hambleton Road, Waterlooville, PO7 7UL for approx 10:00 or before, Patricia and Me will be wearing Hi Viz vests as you all arrive and direct you to the Sainsbury Parking Area, Tea / Coffee and Toilets can be found at ‘Costa Coffee’, leaving no later than 10:30 for a 1 hr country drive to the Angel Inn, Midhurst

Parking again has been arrange to park in front of the listed building ‘Capron House’ on the ‘Listed Cobbles’, because of restrictions I have made a parking plan, when all arrive we must first enter in the ‘Old Grammar School’ carpark so as to get off the main road.

LIST…

John & Patricia

Mal & Serena

Bernie & Sue

Judy & Tony

Sandra & Kevin

Terry & Diane

Colin & Wysi

Sally & Colin 

Bob & Val

Valerie & Jim

Chrystianne & Debbie

Simon

Sam

Ryan

Ron & Debbie 

Hi John & Patricia,

Thanks for arranging this event, we’ll meet you at The Angel Inn if that’s ok and would you mind removing th R from our names in your list?

Thanks,

Sally & Colin

Sally,  Not sure how that got there, a slip of the figure it must have been,  can you meet us at the group parking display and not the angel Inn. Regards John

Well done Patricia & John for pulling this event together.

It was a wonderful event last year, at this venue and the food was lovely.

We look forward to seeing everyone there

Best Regards

Mal, Serena, Terry & Diane