For those that have signed up for this event, this update is important!!!
John Wheeler rang me this morning and said he was concerned that there had not been any responses to his post reference the weather warning that has been issued for this coming weekend - Storm Dennis
John enquired with the venue, as to what would happen if we cancelled Sunday and deferred to another weekend and the venue said they had already bought in food for our Valentines Meal and that there would be a cancellation charge of £10/head.
Given that we have all paid £5/head for the deposit, this would leave £5 to pay for each person if we cancelled.
Having looked ahead at the weather forecast, Storm Dennis is not reckoned to be as fierce as last weekends storm and so we feel that given this, we should go ahead with this event, which has already been planned in and deposits paid. We also think that if people don’t wish to drive their MX5’s in rain and potentially high winds then, that is fine, so bring our your 4x4’s
So, John has asked me to post this update and we are very happy for you to reply with your thoughts on this, by this evening, so John can update the venue but basically we are going ahead to avoid disappointment and everyone and the drive will use major roads only (A3 and A272) to get to Midhurst and a close eye will be kept on the up to date weather reports.
Mal & John