Vorsprung Durch Dick'ed

I was out cycling a few weeks ago when I heard, before I saw, a very high revving V10. Seconds later I came close to being wiped out when a total numpty in a white Lamborghini with personal plates, tore past on a very narrow stretch of country road near where I live, at what I would estimate was around 100mph! The shock-wave from the car nearly blew me into the ditch!

I was so livid and left feeling very punchy, I was home within a few minutes, and immediately logged onto the local Police site to report the driver. It transpired the car had been stolen 10 minutes earlier from an address a few miles away. If/when they catch who ever was responsible, it really is a ‘lock the door and throw away the key’, or at the very minimum, a £100,000 fine and a life-time ban with no remission. Yep, I was that angry!

True, but if you have an accident above 130km/h you are deemed to have contributed. Also if caught driving at more than 40km/h above a posted limit, you lose your license. 120km/h limits come along very quickly at 250+ km/h, very easy to be in a restricted zone without realising it. As a result, my experience is that most German motorists cruise at 160km/h in the derestricted sections.

Thanks for that.:+1:
I wasn’t talking about any “what ifs” which could be another complete topic.
Merely stating about the speed limit on the autobahns.

No worries… :+1: