We have reached 100!

100 people have already booked their run up the hill, so if you are wavering, you better get your booking in as soon as you can!

I would, but I dont have a membership card yet. I have a number though if that helps. I think people would appreciate seeing my race car up the hill.

Also, does anyone know if any trade space is available for this one and how id go about getting a slot. It’s possible I may be able to provide a mobile rolling road dyno by then too, which should keep a few people entertained.

Dear oh dear, please read the previous posts, maybe you think people would appreciate seeing you “race” up the hill but the Bugatti Owners Club who have allowed passenger runs  would not,

as before demo runs, racing, timing etc, etc are not allowed.

As I posted previously if you have this penchant for racing up hills get a license & do it properly & allow spectators to watch you race up the hill/hills.

Regarding trade stands, can advise the situation Friday after our Oxford Club meet tomorrow , Dave Fox is the man to approach,  although maybe too late as am pretty sure spaces have been allocated, we have “competition orientated” trade stands in the paddock (full !) for the likes of TR Lane, Nik Dougall (MOT) Andrw Stott (Autolink) etc, will get Dave F to advise after the meeting as to availability.

Other Oxford organisers will no doubt confirm the above, but again, it is not a race day it is a fun drive up the hill day for OC Club members to enjoy themselves.

Again Carol your comments re Skuzzle & his desire to “race/demo” appreciated.

Paul H, Oxford Member, Paddock Marshall, Teaboy, Dogsbody etc, etc.

Skuzzle, I have sent you a P.M

Paul, I have sent you a P.M Smile

So what exactly is a fun drive up the hill? I think a little more information about how the hill-climb run is to be organised may help people decide if they want to prepare their cars and turn up, I do hope it is not a slow procession

Like this video I came across on youtube???

Wow that looked like funRolling eyes it looks like just a show off run before thr main thing??? well i would hope so?

But this came up from that link… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjzwssFlc2o&feature=related

M-m

Taff, M m, we want people to enjoy themselves. If that means they go up the hill 30 miles per hour, it does not matter. It will not be a procession, it will not be a parade lap. The next person going up can be going up at whatever speed they like.

People should not be put off because they think they have to go up the hill fast, they don’t…but, don’t be put off because you think you have to go up the hill slow…you don’t…you just have to go up the hill safely.

By taking away the timing element it is hoped that no-one will be pushing themselves, their cars and their capabilities further than they can cope with.

To be fair Taff, that was a parade lap Big Smile

Great to see that video, I was lucky as they split the group in two, when I got to the start instead of a row of 5s there was the Porsche pace car in front, he shot off and I tried to catch up! I would say it was more of a spirited drive up a nice winding road (without meeting a tractor coming the other way), than taking your car out on track if that helps.

For anyone like me who had never been to a hill climb before, it was really fun, hope to do it again. Anyone who is unsure, just go for it you can go slow if you want. 

May be 101 now I have sent the form with payment today, out for the weekend looking for some hills to get some practice in. Wink

Mine in post today !!!

Are we able to know the names of who has got their place on the hill?

regards

Ray

Bit sharp off the mark there, re-read his post, no where does it says he wants to race, just take the race car up the hill

OK so he doesn’t say he wants to race but use a race car,  again race cars are not allowed, only road going cars, but says he wants to run his car at 9,000 rpm for all & sundry to hear (torured metal springs to mind !) so that will be in a low gear at 9K rpm all the way up the hill ? so guess by definition that will be “racing” ?.   I run mine up the hill in competition at Prescott using safe max of 7K rpm in first & second on a 5 speed box 1600 cc, on that basis he would be unlikely to get out of first running up to 9K rpm & he certainly wouldn’t be out for an afternoons leisurely drive at that,  don’t need to be a genius to fathom he wants to demo (as he says) his car using something pretty close to absolute max rpm, the challenge cars ventilate their blocks at lower rpm than that & have done,  both Mk1 & Mk3’s ,  concern is that if it did go all wrong & blow up, dump oil etc then procedings will stop & cause other members to lose their runs,   come on let common sense prevail,  Paul H.

Carol (Cotswold Melody) managed to arrange a ‘show run’ up Prescott a few years back and I had the opportunity to take my car up, great fun. Could more or less do what speed I wanted as it was well timed so no one was that close in front, however not having done hill climb before and having watched experienced drivers stuff their cars on a couple of the corners I decided a bit of caution was needed. I was no where near the times that have been set on the hill but I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and as I have been confirmed to do the run this year I hope to renew the experience. I can recommend anybody having a go at this, it’s not about going up fast it’s about having fun and sampling a great sport regardless of what car you drive or your driving ability. Having said that I was praying all the way up that I didn’t stall, get stuck in the gravel pits or make some other stupid mistake in front of hundreds of people, and I shall be saying the same prayer this yearEmbarassedBig Smile

Andy

Hi Ray, I don’t personally have access to that information. I don’t think that a list is going to be published (but I could be wrong!)

Thank you Andy. We did indeed have a very good ‘show run’ at a good speed up the hill…the TVR’s did hold us up a little though Wink

Carol

So what is the case here!

When prescot was first mentioned to me back in September at Silverstone and again at Brands Hatch,

I was asked if It would be possible for me to provide “fast runs” as much as this flaters my ego in the Mk3 race car.

Now “race cars” are not allowed…well that saves me trailering it down there,

Is it worth bring the best Hot Mk1 for the last 2 years for a “try at the hill” as Im quite certain I will be trying to demonstrate UMA’s ability and mine.

Either the event is open to all to drive as they see fit or its not…

More clarification for me please before I stump up £20 to drive up a hill as living in Saddleworth I can do that in my own backyard for free.

If most mx5’s are in the 55-60 second mark id expect a moderate driver in a road car to do it in 75 seconds easily.

Alan

It is all a bit confusing, I agree. On one hand it seems you can go as fast as you like but on the other you aren`t allowed to rev your normally very reliable Mazda engine in case it spits its dummy out and befouls the Bugatti tarmac. Once your £20 is paid it is totally non-refundable too…

The Morgan OC seemed to take a sensible approach to enjoying the day and themselves recently: Click