Web site problems

OK, so we have problems with this forum again, but just spare a thought for customers of TSB !

Good thought Chris, well said. However, that’s their problem - it doesn’t solve ours!

Wait for the double post - - - -

Good thought Chris, well said. However - it doesn’t solve our problem, so bad news from elsewhere is no compensation, so the ‘feel good factor’ isn’t really encouraging.

Very true Gerry. 

I just hope that the OC doesn’t employ the same firm to design our new system, that TSB did for theirs !

Suppose it could be worse? They might be TSB customers AND OC members?  Seriously though, I wondered if there had been a big increase in traffic following the Spring Rally? Thus causing things to run slow? 

Barrie

Server Error in '/' Application.

Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'IX_yaf_MessageHistory'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.yaf_MessageHistory'. The duplicate key value is (May  2 2018 10:56AM, 731939).
The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'IX_yaf_MessageHistory'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.yaf_MessageHistory'. The duplicate key value is (May  2 2018 10:56AM, 731939).
The statement has been terminated.

Source Error: 

`An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.`

Stack Trace: 

[SqlException (0x80131904): Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'IX_yaf_MessageHistory'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.yaf_MessageHistory'. The duplicate key value is (May  2 2018 10:56AM, 731939).
The statement has been terminated.]
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +206
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +51
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +523
   System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +3859
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +182
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds) +1920
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +275
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName, Boolean sendToPipe, Int32 timeout, Boolean asyncWrite) +338
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +882
   System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery() +654
   YAF.Classes.Data.MsSqlDbAccess.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbCommand cmd, Boolean transaction) in D:WorkspacesMX5OCYAF.ClassesYAF.Classes.DatamssqlMsSqlDbAccess.cs:445
   YAF.Types.Interfaces.IDbAccessExtensions.ExecuteNonQuery(IDbAccess dbAccess, IDbCommand cmd) in D:WorkspacesMX5OCYAF.TypesInterfacesExtensionsIDbAccessExtensions.cs:48
   YAF.Classes.Data.LegacyDb.message_update(Object messageID, Object priority, Object message, Object description, Object status, Object styles, Object subject, Object flags, Object reasonOfEdit, Object isModeratorChanged, Object overrideApproval, Object originalMessage, Object editedBy) in D:WorkspacesMX5OCYAF.ClassesYAF.Classes.DatamssqlLegacyDb.cs:5691
   YAF.Pages.postmessage.PostReplyHandleEditPost() +889
   YAF.Pages.postmessage.PostReply_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) +654
   YAF.Controls.ThemeButton.OnClick(EventArgs e) in D:WorkspacesMX5OCYAF.ControlsThemeButton.cs:433
   YAF.Controls.ThemeButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) in D:WorkspacesMX5OCYAF.ControlsThemeButton.cs:388
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
   System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +169
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +2533
How's that for a message? After attempting to post a reply on Spring Rally Pictures, I got a 404, so refreshed the page and got this? However, the 404 was an irrelevance as my reply actually was posted? Go figure?

Barrie

Not wishing to tempt fate of course, but it has been some 17 or 18 days since anyone has complained about the speed of the forum, or the appearance of the dreaded 404 NOT FOUND error message.

It seems that the dear old girl is behaving herself for a while - must be spring !

Seriously though, whatever the boffins at OC Towers have done, it seems to be working well at present.  So a big thank you on behalf of all members.

For Pete’s sake - give it a rest! We all know there’s a problem, as does anyone using this mess of a website, and it’s tiring to see the same moans and groans repeated ever onwards. You either stick with it (patience is called for) or retire gracefully.

Until those that matter move this site to a dedicated server, the sooner things will improve, but presumably, it’s a question of time and effort, not to mention additional expense, which can be solved, but financial offers have been ignored.

Funny Chris’ message looked like a positive one to me…

Agreed. I was wondering if there had been a message after Chris’s which had been removed by a moderator!

Exactly, the Gerry soap box comes out agian.

Praise where praise is due.

Agree with the others - I also read Chris Phillips post as a positive one.

I can’t post a new topic so I thought I’d ask here.

Is anyone else having problem replying to topics using the reply button? Mine doesn’t work.

I’ve managed to find the quick reply button and go that way but the message box doesn’t appear when I hit the post reply button to a topic.

And as above I can’t start a new topic as the message box doesn’t appear, have I got a setting wrong on my PC or is it the forum suffering with heat exhaustion?

I’d inser a smiley above but I can’t do that on a quick reply!!!

You’re dead right, 404 every time I use the “post reply” button!

test

its preview button as well, and you can’t edit a post it seems.

took 2 goes to reply. something broken somewhere

slow edit

preview slow as well