Wednesday 19th April - A Social Evening at The Rising Sun, Warsash

Hi Everyone,

For this event, we need to be at the venue no later than 19:00 (7:00pm), as mandated by Sarah, the manager. Therefore, no drive was originally planned for this event by J&P.

However, for those that are able to, if anyone wishes to have a short drive, as it will be the first evening drive after the clocks go forward - Yay :sunglasses:, I am happy to lead a 30 minute drive to Warsash from; Costa Coffee, Broadcut Fareham, which is just off the M27, so quite central and easily accessible from all points of the compass, for members in all directions.

Venue: The Rising Sun, 74 Shore Road, Warsash, Hampshire, SO31 9FT
NB: The manager has requested for us all to be at the venue no later than 19:00.

For those partaking in an early drive: Meet at Costa Coffee, Wallington Way, Broadcut Roundabout, Fareham PO16 8SU, ready for a prompt depature at: 18:00!!!

Arrival time at venue: Approx 18:30 - I have allowed a extra time in case of rush hour traffic and
any delays :crossed_fingers:

On arrival we will park in the public car park just across the road from the Rising Sun - parking is free from18:00, so we will be good to go :+1:

For those going straight to the venue: please drive straight there, using the address given above and by 7pm at the latest.

Sarah, our contact at The Rising Sun requires a £5 deposit p/p to reserve tables for the area overlooking the Hamble River.
NB: Please note that access to the upstairs area is via a ‘spiral staircase’ which narrows slightly in the middle area. There is no other access to the upstairs dining area - so you will need to be happy with ascending and descending a spiral starcase!

I have booked a table(s) for 15 to 20 people, based on past experience, so please confirm your attendance soonest by replying to this post, so I can keep Sarah at The Rising Sun updated on take up for this event.

Also, please make the £5 per person, deposit payment, in the normal way, to my PayPal account: malrowland21@gmail.com (not forgetting to select the paying friends & family option)
Please note; the venue has requested meal choices in advance and no later than Monday 10th April

Please view the menu on the link given below and reply to this post only (Not the Solent Area FaceBook page) with your choices and I will capture them on the normal spreadsheet, ready to send to the venue.

Click here for Rising Sun Menu:

We look forward to seeing you all on the night.

List of Attendees;

1. Mal
  2. Vernon Huskisson
  3. Diane Botto - going straight to venue!
  4. Terry Botto - going straight to venue!
  5. Colin Finch
  6. Jo Finch
  7. Esther Freeborn?
  8. Max Grogan?
  9. Angela Clarke - going straight to venue!
  10. Ron Clarke - going straight to venue!
  11. Julie Lawrence - going straight to venue!
  12. Howard Lawrence - going straight to venue!
  13. Lynn Mead – going straight to venue!
  14. Roger Mead - going straight to venue!
  15. Linda Hannibal - going straight to venue!
  16. Nigel Hannibal - going straight to venue!
  17. Martin & Judy - going straight to venue!
  18. Josie Chandler -
  19. Brain Chandler -

Best Regards

The Solent Team

It’s a yes from team Maxsther!
Will let you know food choices soonest
M and E

1 Like

Hi Mal,

Angela and I are in for this! We will probably go straight to the venue.

Cheers

Ron & Angela :grin:

Hi Mal

Sounds good, count us in, local for us so will meet you there

Howard

Hi Mal,
Please add Lynn and I. We’ll meet you at pub.
Best wishes
Roger
Ps that’s twoX2 paypals I owe you!!

Hi Mal

Can you add Linda and I? We will go direct to the pub.

Regards, Nigel

Will do Nigel :+1:

Hi Mal
Can you add us to the list please, will probably meet at the pub due to other commitments.
Colin and Jo

Terry & Di are coming xx
We will probably meet you all at the pub

Bookings for this one have gone very well and we are now up to 16 members attending, so still room for a few more.

Many are going straight to the venue, so I will review whether we do a drive or go direct to the venue, in due course but currently I am still happy to do a drive if members wish to do so :thinking:

Best Regards

Mal

1 Like

Morning Mal,

Sorry to say we will now have to miss the trip to the Warsash Rising Sun, as we have a family 70th birthday bash to attend (unfortunately it’s not mine🙄).

Have a good evening meal.

Ron & Angela

Hi Mal,
Can you add Judy and myself to the Warsash meal please.

I will get my son Mike to send you the PayPal money.

Hi Everyone,

Now that Serena and myself are back from our travels and have caught up with a few chores and we had a drive out in the MX5 to Warsash this morning, for a walk along the River Hamble in the lovely sunshine :sunny: :sunglasses:

Whilst there, I took the opportunuity to check the parking and indeed, after 6pm parking is free :smiley:
NB: there is parking directly in forn of The Rising Sun but just around the corner, there is a large car park, where the same rules apply ref times :+1:

Also, I popped into The Rising Sun and checked our booking and the upstairs dining area is brilliant and has its own Ladies and Gents Cloakrooms, so all good there :+1: :+1: :+1:

I spoke to the Landlady Sharon and all is good with our booking and I explained the siuation with having taken on this one half way through and said I have had deposits from 10 members, as given below (the names with ??? beside them mean I have not received any deposit payments to date (9th April, via PayPal);

1. Mal & Vernon - £10 (Vern owes Mal £5)
  2. Judy & Martin - £10 (Paid by Mike Down)
  3. Jo & Colin FInch - £10 via PayPal
  4. Lynn & Roger Mead - £10 via PayPal
  5. Julie & Howard Lawrence - £10 via PayPal
  6. Diane & Terry Botto - £10 via Mal
  7. Esther & Max - ???
  8. Linda & Nigel Hannibal - £10 via PayPal
  9. Val & Bob Lazell - £10 via PayPal
  10. Judy & Martin - £10 via PayPal
  11. Linda & Nigel H - £10 via PayPal
  12. Josie & Brian Chandler - £10 via PayPal
  13. Sue & Tim - £10 via PayPal

??? = Please make your deposit payment soonest, as “No Dosh = No Nosh” :grin:
NB: Make payment using the Reference “Rising Sun” and remember to tick the paying friends/family box

Also, whilst I have your attention; please could I have your meal choices by 09:00 on Friday 14th April, at the very latest, as Sharon informed me they order the food for the follwing week on the Friday and this is the deadline we need to work to!!!

To this end, for convenience, I have posted the menu link below, to save you having to scroll back and find it in the earlier post :smiley:

Best Regards

Mal

Please include Val and Bob, we will go straight there

1 Like

Hi Mal, Val and Bob would both like chicken and ham pie.
Thanks
Bob

Please include Sue & myself. We will go straight there and have 1 x Indulgent Beef Burger and 1 x Seabass & Scallop Risotto. Money sent

1 Like

Many thanks for your PayPal deposit payments, Bob & Tim.

I will note the meal orders on the spreadsheet, as per normal😉

Regards

Mal

Hi Mal. Sent £10 by Paypal. Will let you know our meal choices on Wednesday, after we’ve been to another Greene King with Wessex. Linda might order the same again if she likes it! Nigel

Hi Mal,

Can we have 2 x Salmon Fishcake Florentine plus 1 portion of chips please.

Regards

Judy and Martin

Hi Mal
Hand battered chicken burger
Lasagne with garlic bread
Regards
Howard & Julie