West London Area - Convoy to Spring Rally - Sunday 29 April

This year’s Spring Rally is being held at the motor circuit at Goodwood on Sunday 29th April.

I will be helping out on the day so providing I’m not required before opening time I will lead a convoy down to Goodwood.  We’ll be following our usual route down - A3 to Milford Junction and the A286 straight down to Goodwood.  UPDATE: I am now unable to attend the rally so Colin will kindly lead the convoy down.

Meeting point: Ockham Common Car Park (closest postcode KT11 1ND), just off the A3 southbound sliproad from J10 of the M25.

Gates open at 10:30, and taking a good hour to get down there (in convoy) I propose to meet at 8:45 for a 9:15am departure.

Who wants to tag along?

Attendees

1. Helen
1. Richard
2. Neil
3. Adam
4. Steve & Den
5. Max
6. Colin
7. John
8. Heitor
9. Catherine
10. Bob

REMEMBER your HANGER-PASS and KEEP IT IN THE CAR WITH YOU. You do not want to be that person who holds up the queue as you get out of the car to go and retrieve it from the boot!

Hi Helen, you can add Neil to the list… 

Double post. Got a 404 reply for both so not sure why either appeared… 

Hi Helen,

You can put me down for this :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Adam

Have done, Adam. Glad you can join us.

Evening Helen

Please add Den and me to the list .

Thanks and regards

Steve

Have done, Steve.

This should be a good event and we are planning to go. However we will pass on the convoy and find our own way to Goodwood. Good luck with the convoy.

Peter

Hi Helen 

Can you add me to the list please.

Thanks,  Colin.

Helen, do you know if we have a club area at Goodwood? (http://www.springrally.co.uk/area-stands.html)

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam
We could have, but because I’ll be working on the day I haven’t organised anything. But if someone wants to lead on this then I say “go for it”!

Only thing if we get an area (if there’s any left) is that we wouldn’t be able to do the parade lap! And who doesn’t want to say they’ve driven around the Goodwood circuit?!

Decisions, decisions! :slight_smile:

I’ve driven Goodwood a few times — the last was in a 1965 Transit — so I’m not fussed either way, but I think it would be better to park on the circuit to give people the option. Do we have a banner we could put up if we’re on the circuit?

It’s no big deal. I drove the circuit in my MG a few years back. We were all told to keep up with the car in front and go no faster than 50mph. We found the way around that was to drop back, give yourself some space then put the hammer down for a short stretch. That was possible as there were only around 30 cars. With potentially a thousand MX5’s then unless they do it in groups you may struggle to get out of second gear! 

Apologies everyone, unfortunately, due to a family death and funeral to go to, I am unable to attend the Spring Rally and lead the convoy down to Goodwood.

However, perhaps someone else could lead the pack - Colin or Neil, is this something you could do as I know you know your way down?

I hope between you you can get someone to do this as it would be a shame for you not to be in convoy.

Regards
Helen

Hi Helen.

Sorry to hear your sad news, please accept my condolences.

As it’s more or less a straight run down, I’d be quite happy to lead the convoy to Goodwood. 

Colin.

So sorry to hear that Helen, I’d also like to add my condolences.

Colin, might be worth having a look at https://www.mx5oc.co.uk/2018/04/16/all-roads-lead-to-the-spring-rally-on-april-29-and-these-are-the-best-of-them/

and perhaps we can pick one of the nice routes down.

Adam

Colin, Adam, thanks for your kind thoughts.

Colin - thanks for taking this up, it’s a weight off my mind.

I’m sure you’ll all have an enjoyable day.