West London Area, Day Trip to the Cotswolds - 16th August 2009

Hello folks

Plenty of advance notice for this day trip to the Cotswolds. 

Some of you may remember our trip there last summer, when we met up with Cotswold Melody & DJ who showed us around ‘their manor’.  Well, we’re returning again this year, and once again they will be helping to organise the event.  We will also be meeting up with other members of the Oxford area crew.

Roughly speaking the day will go as follows…

a) Meet up at Beaconsfield Services on M40 (Junction 2)

b) Drive up M40/A40 to meet up with Oxford area crew at Oxford Peartree Services Oxford (OX2 8JZ)

c) Drive through countryside to Ma Larkins for breakfast

d) Drive around the Cotswolds - visiting places of interest

e) Pub lunch

f) Drive around a bit more of the Cotswolds!

g) Return home

If you’re interested, let me know.

The list so far…

At Beaconsfield

sparklyberkeleybob

John & Linda

City Chic & Matthew

tolksee + passenger

suzybee

purps??

onecruelbagel

Nick-10AE

At Pear tree (Oxford)

Jenny & Dave, plus from Oxford area…

Init sister + passenger

PaulH & Barb

Marilyn & Rod

AlanW(possible)

In Chipping Norton

Cotswold Melody & DJ

Quin+passenger

Malcolm & Ann 

Final timings can be found further down this topic. *** As well as an URGENT request for choosing lunch option from Cotswold Melody ***

Bob

Hye i am glad your coming to beaconsfield as i live in beaconsfield could u tell me whats the plan for the trip as i would like to come if i am welcome

thanks john and linda

white mx5 1998 roadster with 17 inch alloys greenstuff pads and ebc discs and superb stero and knn induction kit

You are more than welcome to come with us John & Linda, just watch this space for more info soon

Can we do Fish Hill?   [:D]

Lalalalalalalalala…[*-)]

Think I would be quite interested in this as well! Sounds like a good laugh.

Definitely up for it…in the diary.

Chrissie

I’d be up for this. Any firm details as to meet times etc?

O.K. Subject to Bobs agreement the times are as follows… Bob to meet up with Oxford O.C at Peartree services at 9:00am, time for a comfort break, LEAVE Peartree at 9:15 and arrive for breakfast and meet up with us at Ma Larkins in Chipping Norton at approx 9:45am…after that, a drive and then Lunch then another drive (D.J and I are still working on this bit of the day!)

Over to you Bob for your part in all this [:D]

Hi there - that all looks fine to me. 

I suggest we meet at Beconsfield Services at Junction 2 of the M40 from 08:00 with a departure time of 08:20, allowing us just over half an hour to get to Pear Tree Services (Moto Service Area Peartree Roundabout Woodstock Road Oxford OX2 8JZ), which is at the A34/A44 junction a little off the A40 (Oxford Northern Bypass). 

Bob

I’ll meet you at Beaconsfield services too - it’s just along the road from where I live!   [:D]

Please can I have definite(ish) numbers for this now as I need to inform the breakfast cafe and the Pub how many are decending on them!

West London OC with SparkleyBerkleyBob…

Meet at Beconsfield Services at Junction 2 of the M40 from 08:00 with a departure time of 08:20, allowing us just over half an hour to get to Pear Tree Services (Moto Service Area Peartree Roundabout Woodstock Road Oxford OX2 8JZ), which is at the A34/A44 junction a little off the A40 (Oxford Northern Bypass). 

Bob

Oxford OC with Jenny & Dave

Meet up with West London OC at Peartree services at 9:00am, time for a comfort break, LEAVE Peartree at 9:15 and arrive for breakfast and meet up with Jim, Carol and anyone else  (IF you are going to meet us at Ma Larkins instead of Oxford WE NEED TO KNOW!) at Ma Larkins Chapel House Crossroads
Chipping Norton, OX7 5TB at approx 9:45am…after that, a drive and then Lunch then another drive (D.J and I are still working on this bit of the day!)

Carol

I’ll be coming along with a passenger, starting at Beaconsfield.

Cotswold Melody 

I’ve started a list on my initial post to help track the numbers [:D]

Bob

two of us joining you at Chipping Norton - meeting at 9.45am sounds like a bliss considering some of the other meeting times we’ve had in the past…

Thanks bob… from Oxford so far we have

Init sister + passender

PaulH & Barb

Marilyn & Rod

AlanW(possible)

Chipping Norton

Quin+passenger

Malcolm & Ann

Bob, another for you at Beaconsfield…onecruelbagel (from planet)

Hi Bob

I am now  + one passenger - Matthew

CC

Would love to have done this trip Bob, but unfortunately we have family committents that we can’t get out of…[::(]