West London Area - Drive to the Coast - Sunday 8 April

2018’s drive to the coast for lunch will be on Sunday 8th April.

The final destination is yet to be confirmed, but at the moment I’m looking towards Hayling Island or Bogor Regis.  If we go to Hayling then our meeting point will be from Fleet Services on the southbound M3 between junctions 4a and 5, but if we go to Bognor, then we’ll be setting off from our usual meet-up at Ockham Common.  Meeting at 9:45am for a 10am departure.

Destination (place and pub), meeting point and times to be finalised so stay tuned, however, let me know if you’re interested so I can gauge interest.

UPDATE

I have done a reccy and made my decision that this year we will be heading to Hayling Island, but in an alteration from my notes above, we will be meeting at Bushe Café (GU17 9LQ) on the A30 near Camberley, which will give you an opportunity to have a cuppa, or even breakfast (but don’t fill yourself up) before we head out.  If you are planning on eating, please allow plenty of time as the café can get very busy and food may take a while to appear.  We will leave the café at 10am promptly.

The route is approximately 55 miles and I’m allowing us 2 hours to do his (although it only took me 1.5hrs) and our final destination is The Ferryboat Inn.

Attendees

1. Helen & Chris
    2. Colin 
    3. Neil & Sirpa 
    4. Richard & Linda 
    5. Peter & Anna
    6. Jane
    7. Bob 
    8. John
    9. Sandra & Kevin

Hi Helen

Could you book me in please.

Thanks

Colin

Hi Helen,

This sounds great, please put us down for this run and pub lunch.

Best wishes,

Sally & Colin

Always like a trip to the seaside, please add Neil & Sirpa. 

All added - thanks for your interest.

Please put Anna and me down for this drive

Peter

Just to let you know that details have been finalised and this year’s drive to the coast is to Hayling Island. Please see opening post for details.

Hi Helen,

We’re sorry but we have to pull out of this run, we hope you all have a great time.

Best wishes,

Sally & Colin

Thanks for letting me know.

Hi Helen

Happy Easter ??

If it’s not too late, Kevin and I would like to come along for the drive and lunch next Sunday please.

Thank you
Sandra

Added!

Added!

Sounds great Helen 

Wondering what the weather forecast is?? 

Bob 

With you tagging along, Bob, it will be perfectly sunny!

I can’t remember the actual cost, but the parking is pay and display, however, you do get it back when you place an order of more than £5 in the pub. I think it was something like £3, so bring some cash with you for payment.

Hi Helen have just dragged the mx5 out of the garage, after having had a total knee replacement, and would like to come with the club on the trip to Hayling Island if I am not too late.
Thanks John (Bonjie).

Hi John - glad you can make it. I’ll add you to the list.

No pressure then 

Actually, the forecast is reasonable, so I may be able to deliver 

Only problem might be that I strained a calf muscle running last night, so will have to see if that recovers in time to drive on Sunday. 

Bob 

Hi Helen

I’m so sorry but we’re not going to be able to come along tomorrow.

I had the alternator replaced by a local garage this week because MKG told me that a noise I had sounded like the alternator bearings seizing but after it was replaced the car was still making the same noise so the garage investigated further and told me that it’s the water pump that needs replacing.

We just went out in the car and it made such a horrendous noise that I don’t think I should use it till I’ve had it replaced.

I’m so sorry, we were looking forward to the drive and lunch.

Sandra

Hi Helen

I’m so sorry but we’re not going to be able to come along tomorrow.

I had the alternator replaced by a local garage this week because MKG told me that a noise I had sounded like the alternator bearings seizing but after it was replaced the car was still making the same noise so the garage investigated further and told me that it’s the water pump that needs replacing.

We just went out in the car and it made such a horrendous noise that I don’t think I should use it till I’ve had it replaced.

I’m so sorry, we were looking forward to the drive and lunch.

Sandra