West London area - Kempton Steam Museum - Sunday 18 November

Updated 06/11/18

With so many people deciding to drive directly to the museum, I have decided to cancel the convoy option. Please refer to this posting for directions and a map to assist you on your drive to the museum.  I will meet you all at the museum.

Peter

Updated 02/11/18

I have copied this from the Kempton Steam Museum web site:

November 17-18 Christmas at Kempton & MX5 Owners’ Club display (Sunday only) Your last chance to see the Triple in steam so why not join the festive fun and who knows? You might even win a gorgeous hamper full of Waitrose goodies in one of the daily raffles! 

So, if there are any club members who have not signed up for this event, but would like to be part of our display,  please reply to this event asap.

Peter 

Updated 10/10/18

There are two options for getting to the Kempton Steam museum: You can either

Drive directly there (Please us TW13 7ND on your satnavs) or 

Join the convoy that will assemble at the Ockham  Bites car park (KT11 1ND) for a 9:30 departure.

In both cases the aim is to arrive at the museum by 10:00. This will give the museum time to park us up In front of the pumping room, before the general public is allowed in at 10:30.

The museum is expecting us, but if there is any confusion, please mention Gaynor Cauter, who is the person that I have agreed this with.

Gaynor has given us an excellent deal on the entrance fee, normally the charge is £7 per person, but as our presence is seen as an attraction, the charge is just £5 per car and all occupants. Because we will be considered as an added attraction, she has requested that we stay on site until 14:30 - 15:00.

Peter

I have posted this event to find out the level of interest for a visit to the Kempton Steam Museum on Sunday 18th November. The museum will be operating their massive pumping engine and will also be running a steam railway and have other Christmas attractions.

If you would like to come along, please reply to this forum entry.

Thanks

Peter

Attendees (All meeting there)

Peter and Anna
Helen and Chris 
Neil and Sirpa 
Sandra and Kevin 
Colin
Jane 
Richard S 
Steve and Den
Richard D
Teri (Solent)
Gerry (Solent)
John and Patricia (Solent)
Adrian (Solent)

I think I’m about, Peter, if you can put me down for it. Chris will check his social calendar and confirm nearer the time, he tells me.

Great idea, Peter, definite for that one. We’ve been living in Hampton since 1987 and always meant to pay a visit; must do Hampton Court one day…

Cheers, Neil

I’ll be there too.

Colin

Hi Peter
Kevin and I would like to come along please.
My grandad and uncle worked there for over 30 years so I’m very interested in visiting it.
Thank you
Sandra

Hi Peter,

We would like to join you for this event, so will you please include us in your list?

Thanks,

Sally & Colin

You are on the list, we look forward to seeing you

Peter

Hi Peter,

Please add me to the list, but Linda might be elsewhere, not sure yet.

Thanks

Richard

You are  on the list

Peter

If you are interested in this event, please refer to the latest update I have added. 

peter

Yes please Peter , would you add Den and I to the list .

Thank you

Steve

You are on the list

Peter

I have copied here  the directions to the Kempton Steam Museum as posted on their web site. I expect most of us will travel in convoy, but this information may be useful for those going directly there of if you lose contact with the convoy.

Directions by road (use sat-nav TW13 7ND)

From London:

• Travel west on the A316 and take the Feltham exit

• Go right on the roundabout and take the third exit into Snakey Lane (signposted Feltham, Lower Feltham) with the petrol station on your right

• Go left at the mini-roundabout, still following Snakey Lane, with the Müller diary site on your left, and turn sharp left into the waterworks and Kempton Steam Museum

From the M25:

• Leave the M25 at Junction 12 and take the M3, direction Richmond and London

• At the end of the M3, where it becomes the A316, look out for the exit signposted Feltham, Lower Feltham

• Take the exit down to the roundabout under the flyover and take the first left into Snakey Lane with the petrol station on your right (signposted Feltham, Lower Feltham)

• Go left at the mini-roundabout, with the Müller diary site on your left, and turn sharp left into the waterworks and Kempton Steam Museum

Note to drivers: the nearest sat-nav reference point to postcode TW13 7ND is Adrian Hall Garden Centre (see map above); if you see it on your right… you’ve gone too far! Carry on along Snakey Lane to the mini-roundabout and turn around.

Hi Peter

As the museum is 5 minutes away from where I live I meet you there at 10 o’clock.  Hope that’s ok.

Colin

No problem. 

Peter

Hi Peter
Kevin and I are also very close to Kempton so we’ll meet you there too.
Sandra

No problem.

Peter

Also live about 5mins away so will see you there at 10.00… 

Ok no problem

Peter