Hi there

I see the list is growing longer…

A few more additions from emails I’ve received:

Chris & Maggie Firth (Fish & Chips)

Salvatore

Hi Bob/Helen

Can you please put both of us down for fish and chips

ThanksThumbs up

I came last year and really enjoyed the drive. I’ll be getting my dad to co-pilot this time! See you all at Ockham.

Tom.

Hi Bob.

I am currently aiming to be there so please add me to food list

Cheers

Duane

Is that just you Duane, or is Donna coming along too? 

I think I will be coming too.  I hav’nt been to an MX5 run for a while.  I’ll probably be there for lunch as well.  I think there is a very good chance for a first - I think my better half may join me this time!

Hi  Helen, could you add Nat & I to the crowd wanting fish & chips Smile

Hi Helen can you put me down foe Fish and Chips Big Smile and put Sam down for a sausageDog thanks Tez

Well, it looks like the numbers are going strong for this event!

By my calculations, we’re now up to 45 cars meeting at Ockham.  Then there will be the hordes from South East area making their own way to Brighton by a different route - so there should be a lot of MX-5s around by the time we all arrive Big Smile.

Helen, another addition to the list from an email I’ve had is…

Michael & Samir - both for breakfast at Ockham and lunch in Brighton

I’m planning on doing a trial run tomorrow (Sunday) to check the route is all Ok for next week and to let the people at Ockham Bites know that they going to be busy with breakfast (they will usually make sure that they have 2 people working if they know we’re coming en masse).

We will definitely split up into at least 3 groups for the journey - possibly 4 if I can find enough volunteers to lead!  I suggest each group sets off 10-15 minutes after the last.  As has been suggested above, we may well have different groups to cater for the different driving styles that people have.  I’m happy to take the ‘scenic’ drivers group and I suspect Harco will lead a ‘spirited’ drivers group.

Copies of the route can be found in the Downloads section of this forum at this address:

http://www.mx5oc.co.uk/forum/files/folders/run_details/default.aspx

I’m using the same route as last year, so it’s last year’s copy from Jan 2009 that you want.  Please print off your own copy if possible and bring it along with you so that I don’t have to print off about 30 copies myself!  I’ll bring along a few copies for those who can’t manage this, or forget them on the day Wink.

Look out for further updates following my trial run tomorrow.

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob/Helen

Please add two more for the fish n chips…thanks {#emotions_dlg.pizza}

We will be there so thats 2 more plus fish and chips

Cant wait Big Smile

Hi Bob, It will be me +1, no fish& chips this time tho. I know the best Chinese restaurant in the world, down in Brighton ! Big Smile

Welcome along guys.

EN4CER - if we can’t all fit in the restaurant for fish & chips then we might be following you to your Chinese restaurant Wink

Having attempted to do a trial run today, all I can say is watch this space for any last minute changes.  The flooding was attrocious (had to make a major diversion off the route at one point), the potholes awful, the mud and muck on the roads just nasty and there was even a small land slide!!  Don’t think many of you would have taken your cars through such conditions - or thanked me for doing so Shock.

So, let’s see what happens to the weather this week and be prepared for a change to the route - we may just have to take main roads instead of the countryside meander.

Bob

Suppose to be dry with spring like weather this week!, lets hope so :slight_smile:

Country route always best, if possible… Thank’s be for all your recon efforts.

Chinese yum yum Smile

Hi Bob and Helen,

Room for a California?

If so please put me on the list for fish 'n’chips.

Karen.

Turns out it will be my Daughter’s birthday party that day.  There will still be 2 of us coming, but rather than the wife, it will be my son and myself escaping the screaming little girls.

Speaking of my Daughter - I have had the trophy from the Treasure Hunt engraved, Bob/Claire, do I give it to one of you or should I drop it off back at the garage in Maidenhead when I am passing (just in case I don’t make it this year ).

Hold on to it… the event has been changed to bi-annual so there wont be one this year. when next years event is sorted then we can arrange something for you to get it back to us.

Hello again

I have a potential route ‘B’ that I’ll look into on Saturday as well as checking out the early part of the original route to see what state it is in. I’ll try to post an update here on Saturday afternoon to let you know whether the revised route is necessary.

MazdaChick (who is bringing the South East area group by a different route) has booked us an area for 100 people at the restaurant on the pier from 12:30pm.  As a condition of the booking (given there are so many of us) they will be serving a set cod & chips & peas dinner at £7.95.  They will pre-cook these so that we don’t have a long wait.  Hope that will be OK for most of you (obviously vegetarians can choose something different), but I know some of you have other plans.

Don’t forget change for parking meters - it’s about £1 per hour.

Bob

HI Bob sorry can I change, I don’t think Sam my dog will be allowed in, so can I have mine to take outside is that OK

all the best

Terry and Sam