West London Area - Rural Life Centre - Sunday 20 May

Sandra & Kevin will be leading this drive to the Rural Life Centre near Farnham on Sunday 20th May, which will be an interesting look at rural life over the last 150 years.  Your four-legged friends are welcome to visit too.

Meeting point and time is 9am for a 9.30am departure from Ockham Common Car Park (nearest postcode is KT11 1ND).  This is off the southbound slip road onto the A3 from the M25 J10 (Wisley).  Before you join onto the A3 take the left turn towards Effingham - Street view - and then first left into the car park.

It will take approximately an hour to get to the Rural Life Centre and there is a cafe on site if people wish to have a bite to eat for lunch afterwards.

Attendees

1. Sandra & Kevin
    2. Colin
    3. Colin & Sally
    4. Richard
    5. Peter & Anna
    6. Jane
    7. Max
    8. Adam (possible)
    9. Bob (possible)

Hi all

Wysi fancies this, so I’ll come along too.

Colin

So pleased that Wysi wants to come along, wouldn’t be the same without her ???

Hi Helen, Kevin & Sandra,

As Wysi thinks this is a good day out, we must be guided by her, so please put us down as well.

Look forward to seeing you all.

Best wishes,

Sally & Colin

Added. Filling up nicely!

Please add Anna and me to this event.

Peter 

Please add Neil & Sirpa to the list. 

Unfortunately, Chris and I are now unable to make this as we’ll be in Jersey.

It’s a shame that you and Chris aren’t able to come along. Hopefully we don’t end up getting everyone lost and arriving just as it closes ??

You won’t! Sat-navs are a wonderful thing :slight_smile:

Original post updated with final details. Have a lovely day.

Hi Helen, Kevin & Sandra,

Sadly we’re unable to make this trip now, hope everyone has a good time.

Best regards,

Sally & Colin

Thanks for the update. I hope you’re both well.
Helen

Hi Helen/All

I’ve booked a table for 10 people for 1.00pm at the cafe in case anyone would like to have lunch there.

If we could all pop into the cafe when we arrive, look at the menu and let them know our choices it would really help them especially with roast dinners as they wouldn’t normally allow for that many.

Thanks
Sandra

That all sounds great guys!

I am planning to join you, and bring the sunshine 

Bob 

Great! Look forward to seeing you Sunday.
Sandra

Thank you Sandra and Kevin, for running this event. It all went very smoothly and I am sure this was due to the effort the two of you put into planning it. Anna particularly liked the bigger font you used on the route instructions. For me, the best bit of planning you did, was arranging for the weather to be so nice, although I am sure Bob the Sun God helped a bit!!!

Peter and Anna 

Thank you Peter and Anna.
We were so lucky with the weather and even the cyclists weren’t too much of a problem.
We both enjoyed the day and all the planning and worry that it wouldn’t go well was worth it in the end.

A good job well done! Thanks for organising this event Sandra and Kevin, I know you put a lot of work in to make it run smoothly, I’m just so sorry I couldn’t have been there to enjoy it.