What do you drive. Not mx5

Ford Puma and Triumph GT6

4 Likes

I-Pace for daily work drive
Discovery for towing, off-road, tip trips, dog walking etc.
328i for fun
MX5 for track days

1 Like

Yes, from a bare chassis.

1 Like

This, though I’ve just changed the rims to five-spoke 18" from the 19" multi-spoke shown.

2 Likes

My Son did with help from me :grin: took us 3 years of evenings and weekends.

1 Like

Very nice. Love the colour. I had E-Class Estates for 20 years until I retired and we had to consolidate the fleet a bit. I do miss it though.

2 Likes

My other weekend toy, daily (the family hack) is a Suzuki Vitara

7 Likes

My wife’s 2020 Mazda 2 automatic. Her left foot has never recovered properly from bunion surgery so the Mazda 3 2.0 Sportnav was getting painful to drive for long. I used to enjoy driving that, but the downsizing also makes parking easier and we don’t do long trips by car these days.

My other vehicles all only have two wheels, except for the Toyota Granvia 3.0D 4WD Auto - with camper conversion. One year older than my 97 Mk1 MX5 1,8, but the body is in a far, far better state.

The family wagon…

2 Likes

Not every bodies cup of tea, but it does exactly what i want it to do.

1 Like

'68 plate Audi S3 Sportback and '17 plate Mercedes-Benz SLC250d which I was told had to replace the MX-5 but somehow is still with us :wink:

Cheap and cheerful is the motto. Also someone added an X to SE which I left because it makes me laugh in the morning.

1 Like

I had one of those for my first car, same colour too!

It had been to the moon and back, burned more oil than fuel and the suspention made all sorts of bizzare sounds.

I kind of miss it actually, they’re fun cars to throw around after a bit of seat foam manipulation to hold you in better. :laughing:

It is a great little car but oh my when you’re thrashing it you do need to hold onto the wheel for dear life the seats aren’t exactly supportive :joy:

Stuff some more foam in the bolsters and you aren’t going anywhere.:love_you_gesture:

In no particular order :-
MX5 Mk1 (March 1990)
MX5 Mk3 2.0 Sport
Audi TT MK2TDi Quattro

These next two are at my holiday home in France :-
Toyota MR2 Mk3 Facelift
Mazda 3 (LHD - 2004 with 22K miles)
Its a long story why I’ve ended up with 5 cars, my wife who has an Audi A3 S-Line Quattro says I need to sell one but its like choosing which child to sell

besides my MK4 I drive SWMBO’s 216d which is an excellent compact 5+2seater with loads of luggage space … but I have a new dream … a Kepler ONE

1 Like

Seeing some of the exotic and wishful cars here, I’m very envious, but I’ll bring it down to earth again with what I drive for about 10% of the time, but not since February!
Our ‘family balloon’ Mazda3 has not moved more than a few feet since more than a month before this pic was taken

and now being solar charged

2 Likes

This is the none MX5 in our stable of three, the other two are MX5’s

4 Likes

A very useful piece of kit, a REAL Land Rover! :+1: Great scenery too! :heart: