What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Love the light tan interior…wouldn’t go with my chili orange but does look great.

Cheers that’s what I like about it.

Not much to do so I re stitched my gaiters with the the thread left over from recent steering wheel retrim. Breaks the black up and ties in nicely.

4 Likes

Keeping myself busy and away from everyone, I’ve got this far with some rust treatment. More of an update later.

1 Like

Hi M,
Very good to see that there are other sad people in the world besides me!!!
Top man, keep up with the treatment, my psychiatrist thinks I may be cured by the time I bring home the bacon.
:heart:

Put the soft top down to air the car and get rid of the lingering damp smell. Reversed it up the street and forwards back into its parking space to free up the brakes. Like many others,it could do with a good run

1 Like

Nothing, but i did make some ramp low entry extensions out of scrap metal i had in the garage.

Cleaned the hood - twice. Reckon it’s never been done in 13 years and I’ll need to do it another couple of times yet before its ready for reproofing. Lots of little green spots that won’t come off…

HI .where did you get the cover from ??? and how much ??

i did mine with this cover but it wasn’t sculptured like yours , i had to do infills with alcantara … turned out nice tho’

1 Like

aliexpress.com

US $29.66 33% OFF|Hand Sewing Car Steering Wheel Cover Top Cow Leather For…

Smarter Shopping, Better Living! Aliexpress.com

This was link, cost me £16

Not a great deal apart from grind some rust away on the exhaust heat shield. Then it rained☹️
First things first and glad I did, sorted the garage roof out ready for some felt repair.
Now the missus has me assembling some IKEA wooden boxes she’s had ages.:grin:

Bought chassis repair panels and cill repair panel. Then looks like redundancy is coming this afternoon frowning:
Stripping out the interior later tonight / tomorrow in preparation for the welding to commence.

I washed the wife’s car… (is this allowed)? Or will I be barred?

Couldn’t bring myself to clean the daughter’s though as it’s a Fiat with a glass roof. At least the bimmer is a soft top :joy:

Not sure if this can be allowed? If we allow it to go too far off topic, it might turn into a Facebook type forum. Then we’ll see people posting that they’ve just brushed their teeth! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Had windscreen replaced, got a small crack that had quickly grown. Fair play to Greg from Autoglass for a really clean job.

2 Likes

Another little job to do soon.

1 Like

Discovered today that irrespective of the NB being off the road, I’m having to declare a personal “SORN” for some time due to me being called in for unexpected major “chassis” surgery tomorrow.

Just pleased that I didn’t re-tax on the car on Tuesday, almost did!

1 Like

Replaced both Diff and Gearbox oil on my NC. Only acquired the car last December & whilst the gearbox oil looked fairly fresh, the Diff oil looked like it had never been changed !

The first time I did my diff oil it looked horrid, the second time also didn’t look good around 15k miles inbetween. I plan on doing it around every 2 years no matter what, the gear box not so often.

Started a facebook group for nd uk owners
https://m.facebook.com/groups/132031231526032?view=permalink&id=148444026551419