What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Service & MOT, passed with no advisories. Rather bemused though to see a charge of £14.45 +VAT on the invoice for a “Cabin Filter”.

Never been charged for a cabin filter (pollen filter presumably) on any of the previous 7 services the car’s had since I bought it - 5 of those services done by today’s garage (independent local business I’ve been using for years) - as far as I was aware the NC2 doesn’t have one?

Ask them to show you where the “cabin filter” is located in your NC2.
I’d love to know what they say!

1 Like

Don’t cabin filters come with cars with A.C.

Not on my NC, with full climate control.
As a hayfever sufferer, and grateful for proper pollen filters on my two Vauxhalls, I looked long and hard and studied the manuals for the NC.

My Mazda3 has a ‘cabin filter’ but it’s a badly designed afterthought and nowhere near sufficient to trap pollen, not a patch on the Vauxhall ones.

Last Sunday I washed and waxed both cars. Last night it rained on the Mazda3, NC tucked away nice and warm and dry.
I don’t even hope to begin to approach the quality of finish achieved by experts like ChrisRS, but by using some simple quick cheats I get some really nice short-lived results, a couple of pics of the Mazda3 this morning.

Meguiars Ultimate Hybrid Ceramic wax to finish off after washing with Triplewax wash and wax gives this on the roof

And RainX gives this on the windscreen.

2 Likes

Finally removed the last nut on the anti roll bar bushes changed all 4 drop links had the cut all of them off…the changed the anti roll bar bushes for polly…near side was a pain but came off in the end… Drivers side top nut totally rusted the rounded off…out came the dremel…3 hours latter all back together …3 hours was just the 1 nut :grimacing:

Removed the hard top now that the recent storms appear to be over. Apparently there’s meant to be something called the sun coming out tomorrow,so I’m planning to head to the Black mountains for some much needed 5 time

1 Like

Fitted these …

1 Like

Finally got my defective USB sockets fixed

Visited my parents and said him to my mum’s NC:

Installed:

• Cobalt Delrin Door Bushes
  • Zunsport Lower Half Mesh Grille
  • Rain-X on all Windows and Wing Mirrors
  • Moss Europe Stubby Ariel (but that was technically two weeks ago)

Refurbished steering wheel. Cost £16 but took about 4hrs

1 Like

Where did you get the cover from?

Aliexpress.com there’s a store in there called huier and that’s the seller. Took about a month to come.

I saw my NB on the driveway again. It’s been parked up for far too long. But there is no way I can justify paying £265 for road tax in the present circumstances. I think we are facing further measures to help slow down the spread of this virus. In any case, going out for a spin in it would mean having to sit closer than 2 metres from my other half… Only joking, dear!

1 Like

Had my roof down for the first time since fitting it a few month ago.

Blew the cobwebs off.

1 Like

I realised that apart from the recent wash, polish and a five minute 70mph blow-dry the car has been sitting in the garage unused for almost a month. Three scenic outings cancelled and no trips to the pool, it must be pining. So I’m giving the battery some electrons to cheer it up.

Your car does not have a cabin filter, I’ve had the entire AC system in and out of mine and of that I am certain. What did they say when challenged?

1 Like

Thanks - exactly as I thought then!

Didn’t get round to challenging them, the last week’s been rather fraught (same for all of us I guess) not least due to Business Continuity at work etc & I only spotted that item when I looked at the invoice properly later that evening - so in the scheme of things I decided to let it go this time (which is most unlike me!)

Will be watching for it next time though…

Cleaning the bottom of Mizzey
For a three year old ND she’s coming up nicely

Bought a 2nd hand style that allowed me to keep the windblocker in place. Looks great and certainly changes the appearance of my 2005 Chili Icon!!!