What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Removed hard top then replaced screen header rubber seal
Now the soft tops up and ready for nice days

2 Likes

Lovely, how did you get it so shiny ?

Plenty of time polishing then a hi gloss polish (autoglym)

1 Like

I bit the bullet and had my front chassis legs and sills done on my 55 plate Icon, and it worked out cheaper than expected.

Opened the garage door and looked wistfully at itā€¦

6 Likes

Managed to get an essential Sainsburyā€™s run doneā€¦

Replaced the quarter light bar, with the upgraded ones :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Prepped my Wifeā€™s car ready for my essential 40 mile commute to work tomorrow.

You know youā€™re down to the bare bones of jobs to do when something like this gets doneā€¦

Hole covers under the boot lid. Mazda decided to put a sticky dot over certain ones then sprayed the boot lid. Of course they drop off leaving an unpainted dot.
Itā€™s been bugging me for around two years :worried::grinning: well my good lady made some, I sprayed them up.
Original that had fallen off left, bet Mx5parts donā€™t supply these?
Canā€™t you tell Iā€™m getting boredā€¦:grin:

1 Like

Washed the car yet again after washing it a few days ago and overnight some really dirty rain messed it up.
Hey ho plenty of spare time.

1 Like

Found the annoying rattle at the back. Both drop links are partly seized and noisy when twisted, I can also make them click if I squeeze the roll bar end towards the ā€˜lower lateral linkā€™. Time to change them.

Wire-brushed the nuts and threads and then good olā€™ Plusgas applied.

Two new drop links on their way from MX5 parts.

I looked at the rusty brake discs on my ā€œdormantā€ NB, which hasnā€™t been driven for some months and reminded myself what Iā€™ll be doing as my first job now Iā€™m out of hospital (a full set of new discs and pads should arrive today).

I started by changing the aftermarket grille that was installed when I bought the car for a new Lockwood one. I also added the chrome fog light surrounds from MX5parts whilst I was there. Really pleased with the result and only a few scraped knuckles.
I then changed the standard orange side indicators for smoked ones.
On the inside I added chrome surrounds to the air vents and top and bottom chrome additions to the cup holders.
Good hours work!

1 Like

Tell me about it. All the cars in our local streets were covered in a dusty pollen layer. Washed mine again late last night.

1 Like

Jeez you guys have been busy!!!
I just changed a brake light bulb!
While Iā€™m here and have the ā€œtimeā€ thought iā€™d post a couple of Pics!
Alan H

1 Like

Upgraded the firmware in my Alpine head unit to v1.3 and reinstalled a custom flash screen I created last year. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ordered a square number plate, and the kit from Jass Performance to swap the numberplate.

As iā€™m doing work on the front ordered new brighter bulbs, and also orange indicators, and iā€™m going to have a go at detangoing the headlights.

gulp

Put the car up on ramps to Investigate what I thought was a coolant leak.
Turned out to be a corroded power steering pipe,where steel pipes goes into rubber hose. The cooling pipe apparently that runs along in front of the radiator then double backs on itself. I was told that these pipes are often done away with,so with nothing to lose I cut a good part out of the pipe and spliced it into the rubber hoses.
Hopefully that should do the trick

1 Like

followed were my car as been since the first owner only missing one address but I know he lived somewhere by weā€™re I liveā€¦in milesā€¦from the first address went 115 miles to 2ndā€¦115 miles to 3rdā€¦12 miles to 4th 60 miles to 5th 46 miles to 6th 45 aproxx as not sure of addressā€¦to 7th and 15 miles to meā€¦one day I will map it out ā€¦

Fitted LED bulbs in the boot and dome interior lights of my ND

1 Like