What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Picked up my NC1 2.0 Sport from Penrhyn Service Station where it’s been since 8am Monday morning having an underseal and cavity waxing.
Now smells like shoe polish which apparently will clear off in a short space of time :mask:
Was also delighted to hear from the owner that there are no areas of tin worm decay of any consequence which is pleasing for an '07 model.

3 Likes

Finally got around to putting a bunch of the Bilt Hamber Dynax S-50 in the sills on my NC1, messy business!

This photo very much represents the earlier stages, it got a whole lot messier aha.

Rear bumper removed ready for application of more Waxoyl.

2 Likes

Bought some EBC front disc’s and Mintex pads for my MK2.5 MX5, blimey the brakes have been transformed, it stops on a sixpence! my next track day will not be spoiled by brake fade or judder…

Drove it out of the garage, vacuumed the carpets and gave the rest of the interior a wipe over. I washed it last week so didn’t need doing.
It’s going to get a final run out Thursday then I reckon that’s about it for this year, goes on SORN.:open_mouth:

5 Likes

Looking nice, as usual Mick! :+1:

Barrie

1 Like

Nice car. :+1:
Strangely enough decided to SORN mine for the first time beginning November.
Mind you, hoping to do a few thousand miles (with luck) next year. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That looks very nice Mick . Mines in the garage on her life support machine at the moment namely the Optimate.:grinning:

1 Like

It’s an overlay. I got it from wish

1 Like

I finally managed to get around to installing the LED Strip Light. Well, I still have to put the gaffer tape in place, as the supplied tape was stuck to the backing plastic, and split when I tried to remove it, and I have the final piece of carpet stuff to put back, which I didn’t want to do tonight, as it was too dark and too cold to be messing about! Aside from the very first part of the instructions, which said to remove the left hand side carpet, (it should have been right) it was a really easy process, and I am very pleased with the results, so thanks, @Roadie for a great product. If you ever make another reverse camera kit, please do give me a shout.

Anyway, Enough of my blathering. Here is a before and after photo.

4 Likes

I was going to take my MK1 out for a last spin before it goes on SORN at the beginning of Dec, but I had failed to put it on the Optimate and the battery was flat - DOH. Put it on now and fingers crossed the weather is ok next weekend and I can take it for a run then…

Just realised I have a prezzy for when I put the NC on SORN. I’ll fit the cover I got for it earlier this year. It was free, a give away by a member, all I had to do was collect it.

1 Like

Good luck hope the weather holds for you.:+1:

LED strip looks great John. Thanks for posting the pics.

Instructions saying to pull back the carpet on the left of the boot are correct as per the picture. However the kit can be fitted either way. My reason for fitting on the left is to keep the wiring clear of the jack space on the right.

Don’t know why the gaffer tape split when removing it from the clear tape inside the box lid. I’ve experimented removing and reattaching it several times and it still remains sticky. Maybe the cold weather could be the problem. I do supply two strips where only one is needed so you must have been unlucky with splitting both.

:smiley:

I did try the left side first, but the connector looked different. Oh well, it all worked out in the end! I think you’re right about the gaffer tape, but I’ve just ordered a roll of red stuff from that online store, which shares it’s name with a South American river, and it’s red, so I’ll finish it, when it arrived tomorrow. The grommets were fiddly as heck to fit, and I’m not ashamed to say that my 18 year old daughter fitted two of them for me.
Anyway, it looks great I am a very happy man! :smiley:

1 Like

Put the hardtop on, it was planned but firstly I had to cut into my saggy mohair hood to get my arm in to open the locked drivers door as I had managed to shut my keys into the boot (I do not have a spare). I did google various means and try them fruitlessly to try to gain access, hood was considered to be replaced in the New Year anyway, now it is a must.

After looking on a number of sites for new carpet mats, with often with mixed customer reviews, decided to go with genuine mats for my NB.
Part Number NC90-V0-320-02 cost £33.20 inc vat. from Eden Mazda in Basingstoke who are offering pick up for phone orders.

I know we are all here because of our love for these little sports cars, me included, but what about the negatives, are there any things about the MX5 you don’t like ?, for me , I wish they could have put small inset door pockets into the door card , so I don’t have to pile up my stuff in the centre consul, I have no idea what’s inside the doors or whether this is possible ,as I know sweet FA about the workings of cars , but just a thought :thinking::grin:

1 Like

I would like better headlights the halogens are not very good at all.

I upgraded my side light bulbs along with the dip beam bulbs on my MK3 with Philips White vision bulbs, which was a saga in itself , but they made a difference and was worth doing :+1: particularly the side lights which were originally very dim and yellow looking, but are now twice as bright.

2 Likes