What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Replaced seats and door cards from black to red also fitted mazda sport peddles

4 Likes

Like it! Where did you source the floor mats? They look really good.
Ted

Diamond car matts you con get them in diffrent colors about 70 pounds

1 Like

I got mine at Carbon Miata, but not cheap. However extremely well made.

I bought the boot liner as well.

CARBON MIATA

1 Like

I did the same Jeff, for mk3.5 though. Got the set with the over mats too. Carbon miata product but through top miata. Were around ÂŁ400 IIRC, delivered.
Barrie

Not sure if they have stopped doing them with the pan-scrubber overmats as I couldn’t see them on the site when I went to find the link I posted - they really do catch a LOT of the dirt and flotsam that you bring into the car. I bought black with black stitching as I have the tan interior and wasn’t sure of a good colour match with coloured thread.

]
(These are a pic of the LHD mats, mine are RHD)

(Fitted . . .)

4 Likes

Yes! Pan scrubber overmats! Great description for them :grinning::grinning: They do indeed look like that, as you say. They’re great at picking up the dirt :+1:

Barrie

4 Likes

Great, many thanks.

After that massive downpour last Sunday overwhelmed my rain rail and turned my boot into an aquarium i’ve been dehumidifying the car.

Don’t park facing uphill if you own a mk1 or mk2 and want a dry interior during heavy rain.

2 Likes

Added the mx5things.com windows controller with remote open/close on key fob for the windows.
Also added a harness in the boot to tee in an extra external third brake light from bootbag that means I’m ready to plug and play. Used a little m/f power coupling plug from Amazon to keep it tidy.

2 Likes

I made mine close the windows after opening or closing the roof. The windows are one touch open after all.
I also added a timer so I can open and close the windows after ignition off for a couple of minutes, then added auto window close when locking the doors as long as the roof is up. Because I have my alarm set to auto lock on walking away from the car it auto closes the windows too. Total closure without lifting a finger.

1 Like

Hi ,just a thought on the drain holes .some models have a one way valve fitted half way down the drain pipe which requires removing the seat and paneling ,remove and clean out the blocked valve or so a mazda mechanic told me. might be worth a read up .i havent needed to do this myself so cant be sure ,as i was l led to believe its only the earlier models you can use the trombone cleaner on, hope this helps ,…cheers ! let me know if i am wrong …

Fitted a battery cover provided by @Jeff_jthspace along with excellent instructions!

Nicely tidies up the previously bare battery:

Took a little fettling and wiggling some battery clamp posts but it is all nice and snug now :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think the golden rule on using a trombone cleaner on all MX5’s is just pass it through one way from top to bottom, don’t try and withdraw it back the same way. Good write up and pics here: How I Clean My Rain Drains (2007 NC) - Part 1 - MX-5 Miata Forum
I believe the only difference between NC1 and 2 or 3 is the later foam inserts

2 Likes

Fitted grill to my MX5

8 Likes

Bloody he’ll. Paul O’Grady has an MX5 :astonished:

6 Likes

Just a little thing, today, as I don’t want to fit the LED Boot Strip, (which has just come through my letterbox) while it’s raining.
It’s a steering wheel badge. The “after” photo isn’t brilliant, as the camera has made it look more red than it really is. It’s a nice match with the Soul Red Exterior.

6 Likes

:joy: I think Paul O’Grady would be flattered as he has much less hair than @timangus

2 Likes

That looks nice :+1: is it an overlay or a replacement badge?

Barrie

Did mine a few weeks ago, bought from wish.com

Show us your mods

Double-sided tape but added extra.