What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Or alternatively Round plastic end caps

Then add domed resin stickers

2 Likes

Yes, I got some from there for my NC2 17" wheels and they are lovely quality.

Fitted Carbon Miata quilted mats. Not sure if I’m sold on them or not. Fortunately got them for a great price on eBay.

3 Likes

Nope…not to my taste. I’d love to replace the carpet in my car, but the NC doesn’t seem to be catered for in that respect.

Nope, put them back on ebay. :wink: :+1:
It’s the colours for me, brown, black and orange together.

1 Like

I have these from the same source,

Only pics I have to hand but they ‘match’ the seats.

OP, yours would have been much nicer toned down a bit or fitted into a 30AE. The quality is there though. Having said that, if you got them at a great price, I wonder if they could be recoloured a bit with a dye? :thinking:

Barrie

2 Likes

I worried about matching colour to trim (Tan interior) so I went with plain black / black stitching and they look fine.

4 Likes

New carpet would have been ideal as the previous owner seems to have been a careless smoker so lots of burns. These will do the job until I come up with another idea!

Have been thinking about dye, not sure what kind of dye to use though. More research required!

Today I removed the battery to mop out water from the tray. I previously made holes where the rubber grommets are but they’re not at the lowest points so I drilled a pair of holes in the small round recesses to stop water pooling

I bet there’s an opportunity here :thinking: the OEM NC carpet is not high quality to start with so some folk may want to upgrade. Others to replace worn carpets, some to change colours possibly? I have had an aftermarket carpet set on a mk1, which was excellent :+1:would more than likely have one if available on a NC.

Barrie

4 Likes

I would definitely upgrade mine if there was something on the market , but as you say Barrie there doesn’t seem to be anything available.

2 Likes

I agree with that too. :+1:

2 Likes

I have a Russian sewing machine (domestic but verging on industrial strength :muscle:) that could possibly bind edges etc. Had it all our married life of 35+ years, will have to get some Wilton out! Or some Bokhara

:smile:

Barrie

2 Likes

Got to be better than that stuff Mazda put in sometimes I think they went a bit to far with the gram strategy.:grin:

1 Like

Sold my NA today! will be placing an order on Monday (when the dealer gets back to me) for a new ND 2.0 Sport Tech in Soul Red with the factory sports exhaust and factory lowering kit. Then I can use it everyday without worrying it will rot from under me every time I get it out… Cannot wait.

10 Likes

Congrats…! Bet you can’t wait for the ND2 to arrive… I got my 2018 ND2 (184) back in July and absolutely love it…!

Carpets? Huh!

The gram strategy seem to be applied across the range. Here is the second driver’s carpet in the Mazda3 driven by SWMBO after about 13,000 miles. The first one holed in only a few months and I haggled this replacement out of the dealer just before they folded.

I’ve asked Car Mats UK if their Mazda3 mat has the rubber pad going far enough forward to protect where the wear hole is below the clutch pedal in this filthy carpet. (How did it get like this? It was immaculately clean two weeks ago…)

1 Like

I checked the result of my work on the gromit things. And, hurray for me, no more water leak.
I also hit a wall while parking, and will need to touch up the paint. :cry:

2 Likes

Hi Richard I think it’s a combination of cheap and lightweight materials to save weight and of course probably more importantly to Mazda money.

2 Likes