What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

I’d love a rich red carpet for my Launch Edition. I do have a set of red mats, but a quality carpet would be lovely.

2 Likes

yes, really looking forward to it!!

I did an “essential” journey the other day; the local council had responded to a road flood advice by taking a digger down the road and scraped the sides to help the water flow away.
I didn’t know about it and picked up enough clag to make it look like I had done the Paris/Dakar rally. Following a M11/M25/A127 journey on damp salted roads the car look appalling when I got home. Enjoyed the run, but . . . . Today, Ginny got a pre-wash, snow foam, hand wash, power rinse and Shine Armor top-up on the ceramic coating. Hi-jet wash under wheel arches and any undercarriage I could see - got half a field of mud off. Clean at last! Found 6 stone chips and a couple of paint rashes - grrrr.

Did all of the shuts, under bonnet, under boot lid, all of the channels etc etc.

BTW, where we live, it’s still Black & White.

6 Likes

Out of interest where did you get the splitter on the front of your car?

1 Like

Added an acrylic windblocker from eBay. Fitted it in minutes with my rear facing camera now looking like it’s floating.

1 Like

It’s the official Mazda kit. I fitted the front and back ones but didn’t buy the side bits as I didn’t like the look. Got them from MX5Parts.

Front Spoiler

There is a bit of surgery to do as the existing parts need cutting as a part of them is used on the new front spoiler. Took about 30 minutes to do the front. You would need a pop rivitter as well. Rear was easier.

1 Like

Nice.
I can’t help wondering if it blocks any road noise as well as turbulence.

Thanks, look neat.

I have just ordered a new ND, which I should get in Feb/Mar. I looked at the options for the car and am going for the factory lowered suspension and sports exhaust. I would have expected to see the splitters on that list, but they were not available as factory options. Therefore I am looking to do them myself. I may ask the dealer if they are dealer fit options though, but will check the price first as they are probably a lot more expensive!

Thanks

My friend ordered a 30AE and asked the dealer to fit front, side and rear but they rushed it a bit and he had to refit it himself to get a perfect(ionist) finish! Not a difficult job and if you have car ramps, it is easy to get underneath and fit.

1 Like

I bought mine from Roadie on here, this looks identical. The real difference it makes is that you get uninterrupted rear view vision. I had similar on my NC and it suffered from reflections of oncoming traffic headlights being seen in the rear view mirror. I can report that the Roadie version does NOT suffer from this.

My pic of the rear of my car also shows the Roadie rear light strip. There is a post from me in the Modifications section on a number of ND (and NA) mods I have done, post headings start "ND - "

1 Like

Picked up this nice little metal plate that really sets off the look under the bonnet.

4 Likes

Not strictly identical. The eBay ones sold by mp3pek are a penny cheaper but with postage on top. The one’s I’m selling here are postage included. Who is this mp3pek bloke? Yup, it’s me.

:wink:

7 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :joy: :joy:

Any apparent reduction in road noise to your left ear??

Not noticeable. Maybe a little less wind buffer but it could be imagination. What I really really liked was the clear view from the rear view mirror, as good as if you had removed the standard one but without the inconvenience of increased noise/wind.

2 Likes

I got the exact same badge last year…rather nice.

Thanks

1 Like

I won’t know for a while now. Rain forecast along with lockdown will scupper more driving. I might get to take it to the supermarket but I work from a van so can’t get away with going to work.

I thought it must be you, easy fit, took minutes like a lot of the little mods I’ve done. I’ll be interested to see how those reflections go from headlights at the rear.

1 Like

:+1: I do like those splitters, think they make quite a difference to the overall look

1 Like