What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Don’t forget Ford.
Fix Or Repair Daily
First On Rubbish Dump
Sorry to all the NC owners :blush:

1 Like

LOTUS

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious

2 Likes

The new ND now has wireless Apple Car Play, but not Android…

1 Like

Are you sure, I had it retro fitted to my 2016 ND last year and you select apple or android in the settings.

Hi S, I think the main word ‘wireless’ so there may be some confusion.
:heart:

I have just ordered a new ND for delivery in March and having spoken to the Mazda dealer, the only model changes apart from the different colour leather (from red to whiteish) on the top of the range model is the addition of “Wireless” Apple Car Play.

You got Apple Car Play before, but you had to plug your phone in, now you can leave the phone in your pocket, or wherever…

Wireless Android connection is not available on any car yet… Attached is the new brochure and it is included in all models.

5a83140f1f834cf6a41b5be1831f395e.pdf (mazda.media)

1 Like

Yes, sorry, I was blind to the “wireless” bit. I should have known better as I had a new dash centre fitted to my Defender a couple of years ago and had the double din Panasonic fitted and the big selling point was that it was wireless. Funny thing is I still plug it in because I stream all my music via Amazon music and it does give the phone battery a bit of of a bashing and if you use a navigation app then even more so. So wireless isn’t really necessary in my humble opinion.

I agree, as I have Apple Car Play in my Golf and I plug in my phone as it is the only time it gets charged and I know where the phone is. I use music streaming too and I will still probably plug it in, as long as there is somewhere ok to keep the phone. I do find that I can answer messages using Car Play. Therefore when I leave the office, I can send a message to my wife so that my tea is ready for when I get home. Feel free to comment on this!!!

However if you have your phone in a handbag, you can leave it there…

That’s strange, maybe there is something wrong with mine because as my wife is working from home I WhatsApp her asking for her to put the kettle on and it never seems to work :thinking:

6 Likes

I have wireless car play in my BMW and that’s quite good. I looked at adding it to my ND1 but decided no because it wasn’t wireless. Then I found a guy selling wireless adapters on eBay for £30. Just plug that into the USB port and it simulates a wired connection. I’m not sure how seamless it would be in reality??
I did think of trying it and putting the adapter behind the dash out of site and doing the connections back there too. Decided not to bother. I wonder if this airplay 2 will be available to upgrade soon like airplay 1.

What I’ve had done today to my NC1 is MeisterR CRD coilovers fitted all round, a re-alignment, engine oil and filter change and a couple of LED side light bulbs.
I’m a happy camper now ! :blush:

8 Likes

I also have wireless CarPlay in my BM, will be looking it retro fit as it’s useful.

All that in one day??? :open_mouth:

One ND going nowhere today, snow-way! So when putting out the rubbish, took a quick pic…!

4 Likes

Not a good day for Roof Down antics! Is it a good idea to clear the snow off or leave it on?

2 Likes

Ah, but if you clear the snow off (do it gently, as it is water it should not scratch, but make sure you do not scratch the car with whatever you use to remove the snow), warm the car up, then you can wrap up very warm and get out with the hood down, but looking at the road behind the car, I think that you are right, you will not get too far!

1 Like

Use a garden leaf blower, fresh light snow comes off with a battery blower but a path or heavier snow may need an electric blower.

Wanted to change the dials in the NC since I got it but didn’t know where to start. After a lot of YouTube I found out about Revlimiter. Got these GT40 dials and think they look pretty cool. Managed to get hold of a variable intermittent wiper stalk on eBay so changed that while it was all in bits. Looking forward to road testing both whenever that may be…

8 Likes

Those look great. I had a look on their site, I underestimated the price. :frowning:

1 Like

Me too. It’s the shipping which bumps it skywards !!