What have you done to your MX-5 today? (Part 1)

Yup, they’re not cheap unfortunately. Months of not going to the pub has helped to pay for them but it’s still hard to justify!

1 Like

I’ve had a few off Adam (Revlimiter) over the years. Have to say, his service is 2nd to none! The other year, having fitted a set on my NC2, I was driving to N Wales on the M62, very foggy so switched on the fog lights, both front and rear. Surprisingly, the TPMS light came on! Thinking I had a malfunctioning system ( even though the cars not fitted with TPMS) I investigated further, turns out, the US use that space on the clocks for TPMS and not rear fogs! Even though the Speedo was correct in its readings etc., a proper UK version didn’t exist. Contacted Adam who was very good, immediately sent me another full set that he made there and then, with the correct symbols, which arrived very quickly! All FOC which I was very happy with. :+1: :+1:

Barrie

6 Likes

Found a pic of the dials outside of the car :+1:

Barrie

6 Likes

Had the wheels re-shod with Pilot Sport 4s

1 Like

Brushed approx 4 inches of snow off it.

1 Like

What you think of them? Had them on the BMW M140, fantastic!!

Any chance of a link to the stalk???

I bought one from an RX8 which fits exactly.
I might be wrong but I don’t think they actually list one for the MX5.
eBay was where I got mine and they have become quite rare now.
Just for your information. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Yes indeed. I did say “had done” (by others). My mechanical skills are limited :grin:

1 Like

Aha, I missed that bit.
I thought that was incredibly productive…

I put an intermittent wipe stalk on my NC when I had it but could not get the rear wipe to work!

7 Likes

You can find such stuff on eBay, set of wipers for an MX-5 including rear wiper, or set of front and rear mats.:grin: Or even
a cover (doggy cover) for the rear seats, suits MX-5.

6 Likes

I just found it by searching mx5 nc on eBay. All kinds of things come up but usually there are a couple of these. They vary in condition and price but probably in the £30-£40 area for a good one delivered. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks.
I thought it might have been one of the new Chinese ones.
Maybe I’ll take a punt on one of those and report back on how long it took, if new post-brexit rules mean added vat, duty etc and if it looks decent quality.

1 Like

Took them both out for a little warm up followed by a sympathetic(?) Italian Tune Up.
About 20 miles each on my local X country ice-free B roads.
Really wish The Long Haired One would leave the Sport’s handbrake off…pistol shots reversing out garage.
Best way to keep the rotors shiny etc.
I don’t personally hold with 10 minute garage tick-overs.

5 Likes

Nice and easy install of “The Stubby” love the engraving too!

3 Likes

Just been round to the post box in the 5. First time it has moved for over a week. Followed up with my usual cruise to the end of the village, blast down the A46 bypass road and back in the other end. Used the revs when it was warm and a couple of reasonably hard brake applications. About a two mile round trip. At the moment that’s about the only time I get out!

6 Likes

Checked the tyres were still at 36psi (lockdown = no use, so might as well), and gave it some more electrons from the low current Smart charger as a ‘just-in-case.’

Even though it’s warm and dry comfortably tucked away snoozing in the garage, I also gave it a consoling talk promising it some exercise when we are allowed out again, and the roads are dry.

6 Likes

I thought A46 was a typo there - Surely the A46 can’t go from my local Cheltenham to Lincoln!
But it does.

1 Like

Took it for the pre MOT Italian Tune-Up since it has been sat up for around a year. Not sure when the replacement engine was last run though. Much the same as above posts, super unleaded in, using every part of the rev range, got it nice and toasty and some hard braking applications to clean up the discs. Seemed to pull very well, even got a toot from an NB in Torquay along the ring road. Fun times.